Personal View site logo
How-to: Fix lens to adapter looseness
  • 45 Replies sorted by
  • Well, on his website he says to ask him if you have a special adapter need, so I would guess it can be done. I sent him an email several days ago and thought the lack of response was due to the holidays, but now the website appears to be down www.foto-akcesoria.com.pl If someone can please click on either flag at the front page and let me know if they can get in I would appreciate it, since it could just a problem with my browser I suppose.
  • I have been actually in a similar situation, was considering firing him off a message inquire about the possibility of a Nikon adapter, but it's not just you, the web site is borked, no matter which language you choose.

I got burned with another cheap adapter, but can't afford to spend hundreds on the high end ones (which while solid are still ridiculously overpriced).
  • Well, I just sent him a message. I couldn't find an email address--perhaps it would have been listed on the broken website--so it's going through eBay. Crossing my fingers.
  • I have two email addresses from the website that came to me as an automated "we will respond soon" sorta a response. If you want them I can send them in PM. I figure posting them directly in a forum could get the guy some spam.
  • Perhaps he is just enjoying some holidays or rebuilding his site or decided to use ebay has his sole store front? It would be nice if we personal-view users could like ask him for that. I think he was the first to do the Nikon adapter with aperture change, but them came the Chinese one for much less that just wipe everything out, but in the end those Chinese one are not that good. I see people that say that they are good, but this is not my experience. It would be nice to get a good alternative at a fare price. His FD adapter is in the $ 50 range that I find a reasonable price. But an adapter at $ 300 is just insane for me. You can get a high quality machined rig from Gini for that price, even his follow focus that got great reviews is about $ 200. Perhaps people should email gini to produce such adapter.
  • Perhaps try this email address:

info @ foto-akcesoria.com.pl < remove space

or message eBayer: ciecio7

A few months ago, I was wondering why there was no email reply from foto-akcesoria. Krzysztof's prompt email reply had been flagged and placed automatically in my spam bin, which I found later. Perhaps they're taking a break at the moment.

Quality is great. Very happy with my OCT-19 mount, and my former PL mount was also excellent. I purchased direct from their website, as it was almost US$100 less than the eBay listing, taking into consideration the exchange rate at the time.

I would like a M42 to M4/3 adapter with some custom tweaks, yet, even if available, price would be hard to fathom as these adapters are already available on eBay for such little outlay.
  • For what it's worth, I just got a reply from ciecio7 via eBay:

"I will have some Nikon to MFT adapters in 2-3 weeks.I can let you know when they are available."
  • Grue, did you buy chance mention to him that his website is down? Unfortunately my ebay account has issues. I feel the need to say I was a top seller and buyer that got shafted by their new policy's. Anyways, If you could let him know about his website, or even let him know he has some email to respond to ;)
  • I mentioned that the website is down in my original message to him, but (as you can see) he didn't comment on it in his response.
  • Well, I am flat out of cash once again, so I will patiently wait for him to fix his site.. until I have money again :) To bring things back around to the subject, I guess the best way to fix a loose adapter is to buy a good one in the first place. Glad I never grabbed a cheap one.
  • and.. the sites back up http://fotoakcesoriaen.epoksystem.pl/index.php/shop/index/idcategory/32/page/2

Time for me to dance on the corner for change.
  • Will have to check his ebay to see when he will have them. I would like to get a Nikon and Canon fd mount. I hope that the price will be in the Nikon fd mount price. What someday should be nice is some mount with space for nd filters. Perhaps it is impossible, but just a little space to place a small ND filter.
  • Since others seemed to be interested...

After waiting for what seemed like forever (but was in fact, just about 2 weeks) for it to arrive, finally got my ciecio7 Nikon to Micro Four Thirds adapter, and while I haven't gotten the chance to abuse it yet in a true production setting, I'm pretty happy with it so far.

I bought it from eBay (as of this writing, there are still 6 available), as it wasn't listed on his website, so I might have paid a little more (with the favorable exchange rate), but that's the way it goes.

What's important is how well it works, and it's a night and day difference from the loose, sloppy mess that was my Fotodiox G adapter. This one's rock solid and seems to pretty much nail infinity, and I really appreciate the tripod mount, especially when using heavy zoom lenses, such as my Tokina 28-70mm f/2.8. Only real downside is the lack of an aperture ring, but that's not a problem for me as my current lenses do.

• Grue, you actually brought up a question that I've had for awhile. At what point is the tripod mount on the adapter really necessary, or rather, how much weight can our GH2's handle without it?

• I'm not sure off-hand, though I'm pretty sure I read someone quoting it somewhere... Anyone else know? (I want to say it was something around 2 pounds or so but I can't say with any degree of certainty and someone probably knows better than I...)

In my case, I'm pretty sure that the lens is still within tolerances to not strictly require me to use a tripod mounted adapter, but it's certainly heavy eniough that I'm more comfortable in a setup that reduces long-term strain on the camera's lens mount.

My 28mm and 50mm Nikon AIS primes are light enough that I didn't give it much thought until I picked up the Tokina 28-70mm, which weighs around 700g/1.5 lbs.

I must admit that the weight limit was something I was thinking about too when I started looking for a higher-quality adapter, and the tripod mount wasn't what made me pull the trigger but it's certainly a nice bonus--only other Nikon to Micro Four Thirds adapter that I can recall is a Chinese-made one of potential dubious quality avaialble on eBay...

Of course, if you're planning to use the camera with 15mm rails, you could also use some sort of lens support, but my current setup isn't quite so elaborate.

• I found my adapters as well as the stock lens being a bit loose on my camera. I can turn it a little, even if it's locked to the camera. I went back to the shop and we've had a look at other GF and GH camera's: exactly the same. The guy at the shop said it's normal, to allow mounting/unmounting at higher/lower temperatures and that he remembers his nikon/canon has the same 'problem'.

I'm also using the tripod-mount on the adapter and this looseness of the m43 mount is really annoying as i'm risking a slight change of horizon in between shots if I touch my camera too much. Is this really normal for m43 mounts?

• My Pentax K > m43 adapter arrived yesterday. After fitting it I discovered a very large amount of play. It turned out the three screws that hold the brass bayonet ring to the adapter tube were extremely loose. Three drops of thread lock fixed the problem.

I have a Shoot35 follow focus and have noticed the GH2 body flexes a little around the lens mount when rack focusing and even more so around its tripod mount point. So now I need to get a bloody cage to lock the camera down solid!

I'm going to call the GH2 the 'plastic fantastic'. It takes great video but the build quality ain't nothing like my Pentax K5.

• Hey, I also have chinese nikkor m4/3 adapter. Surprisingly it fits really really well but my problem is all my lenses focus past infinity. I have emailed that shop in the link with no joy. Can anyone recommend a good adapter brand or where to buy that fits tight with good focus? Thanks, Albi

• Question: Would it be possible to use Zeiss DigiZoom and Zeiss DigiPrime on a GH2? If so, what kind of adapter would I need and where might I be able to buy one. Preferably in Europe. Would it be something to recommend or something I should stay away from?

• ciecio7 is indeed a gent - and industrially built stuff - a Lomo induced breakage was dealt instantly by him without question, by issuing a new adapter pre sending the erroneous one back - hats off to the engineer and business ethic.