Personal View site logo
US: Fantasy of Debt
  • 28 Replies sorted by
  • Am I smart? Yep I am. Sorry, I forgot to mention that I use my big two guns to make this clerk lend me this money. Sorry, I forgot to mention that I use my big two guns to make this clerk lend me this money.

Except most of this debt is money the US owes itself.

• I agree with those who observe that what the charts show is that the top 1% have been ruthlessly looting the economy at the expense of everyone else. As the national debt grows, inflation increases in order to consume it. There is no inevitable end to the cycle because there's no reason inflation cannot continue to rise to any height necessary (so long as its rate of increase does not surge out of control). For the economy to remain equitable, however, wages must also rise to keep pace with inflation. As the charts show, this promise has not been fulfilled for the bottom 90%, and that is the true measure of economic injustice.

• There is no turning this ship around before it hits the rocks.

The combination of rapidly increasing unsustainable debt, the offshoring of jobs and cheap imported (illegal) immigrant labor means large scale job creation, let alone increased wages, are a fantasy. Unless of course you prefer to put on a uniform and become cannon fodder for the military industrial complex and their bankster mignons or a TSA agent licensed by the government to sexually assault the traveling public.

What little money or retirement plans people have will rapidly evaporate in the current climate. Now we are seeing financial institutions begin to pillage peoples accounts with apparent impunity. The whole system is a smoke and mirrors house of cards that is not too far away from crashing and burning.

I suggest you observe the rapidly expanding police/surveillance state which is now shifting focus from the so called Islamist threat to US citizens. That should be an indicator of what is coming. The establishment knows it and is preparing to protect themselves when the shit really hits the fan.

You lose your job, then fraudulent banks take your home and Wall Street steals your retirement savings and yet suffer no consequences so what do you do?

You take to the streets to protest. Then at 3am in the morning while you are asleep your door is broken down and you are dragged from your bed and taken to an unknown location where you charged with being a 'domestic terrorist' and an enemy of the state. As a result you have no right to legal representation or a trial and can be detained indefinitely.

Alternatively you could be a victim of a state sanctioned assassination authorised with a stroke of a pen by the President himself.

Welcome to Fascist USA 2012.

The Argentinian Economic Collapse...