Personal View site logo
Driftwood Settings, Series 5: Cluster v6 ULTRA RELIABLE, Mysteron, Crossfire, Quantum 9B, Sedna...
  • 1029 Replies sorted by
  • Yesterday I tried with Nebular full wedding day at 2 bodies at 25hbr. Sandisk sdhc 30MB 32GB spanned. Sandisk SDXC 45MB 64GB spanned. Zero freezes on 25HBR.

• @HillTop1 I had this problem (error on in cam playback) also few times using Cluster V6 Nebular. I think this was solved by recording a short clip after longer one. Simple switch on/off worked for me. I used simple class 10 32GB card.

• Still battling to get 50fps on 1080... I'm using Cluster v6 on PAL mode, I go into manual movie mode and select 1080i... But only gining me playback at 25fps. Where am I going wrong? Thanks in advance!

• To My knowlage the GH2 Will only do 50 Frames per Second in 720p 1080i has never recorded 50 frames per second it records 50 fields per second. 2 Field per Frame odd and even or (upper and lower) ie Interlaced 25fps. This should not to be confused with 50psf or Progressive segmented frame odd and even line are the same

• @vas907 very cool, awesome video invite to the wedding! Hope the couple is thankful for your idea/production, it came out great.

• @MisterBink What Craig_R said is exactly right as far as I know..

All progressive 1080P movie settings in the GH2 are 24P, 25P and 29.97P...thats it.

So 29.97 is the most frames you can get at a true 1080P.

The 720P settings do 50 frames, but the resolution (vert lines etc..) is lower, so even if its rendered at 1080P (Some hacks do that...its simple re size) but the resolution is not as detailed as the true 1080P modes.

Bottom line right now is 24P renders the most detail..period, and 29.97 renders the smoothest motion (but with less detail in general...even if all I frame)

This may change...but thats how it is right now...as far as I understand.

• @janis thanks. Will try recording short clip after long one but I also did the power on/off too but it didn't help. What's kinda odd is how other patches that work fine before on same card with same lenses where now having problems.

• @FEHA - thank you - yes Film Mod Natural all -2

• @ Driftwood thank You!

@mo7ies - is the original name of Vitaliy for this hack

• @onionbrain I love this lens, Nikon Nikkor Ai 55mm f1.2, it is very cinematic

sorry - yes it's 55mm f1.2 "Ai" (I also own the 50mm f1.4 AIS - very cinematic and large class).

• Another little video shot on @Driftwood's incredible Sedna AQ1 hack, with the lovely Voigtländer 25mm f/.95, and starring Isis the dog.

• @Sangye...beautiful Footage !!!

• @vas907 That was great!

• @janis: I'm a fan of Nebular Dog. :) Very nice footage.

@vas907: Well done. Great job on that production and it looks really good.

@Sangye: Nice job. Beautiful!

• i was using drewnet and i could span, then i patched with nebular, played with it a bit, and i aplied drewnet again and now i can't span. Same camera, same card, strange no? should i use the original firmware between hacked firms? @driftwood thanks for all your (HARD) work!

• @MovieArmada After a span - record a little file BEFORE switching camera off, so you can continue to use the same card... This has been mentioned many times.

• @MovieArmada as per @driftwood .. I've decided to routinely record a 2 seconds shot after every 'real' shot even if it doesn't span .. I haven'y had a problem since I started doing that

• Flagstaff AZ

sorry the window was dirty.

14-140mm

vibrant -2,0,-1,0

cluster V6

• @kavadni and @driftwood i used your recommendation and still can´t span at 24pH. Always stops at 4GB. At HBR spans GREAT! I have used both 8GB Transcend Class 10 card and 16GB SanDisk Extreme 45MB.

• i have made this test: Sedna Q20 pack (i used A = High detail Matrix) vs Cluster V6 Nebular.

• @MovieArmada @driftwood How does Sedna Q20 compare to Quantum 9b with Sedna Matrix?

• @MovieArmada nice video comparison. It's hard to tell via YouTube, but the Sedna Q20 (a) still looks a bit sharper/detailed in the trees and in some of the outlines of the window frames.

What did you notice on your home desktop monitor ...without YouTube's compression? ...was Sedna Q20 (a) a little or a lot better? Have you ever tried Sedna AQ1? ...if so, then what were your opinions on that particular setting?

• I'm interested in opinions between Sedna (either flavor) and the new Clusters. I've been traveling and don't have time to test or I would do it myself. I just want to know where to start comparing once I get back to my camera.

• @MovieArmada what's your conclusion between Sedna Q20 vs Nebular?

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions