Personal View site logo
Cheap chinese tablets you can look at
  • 45 Replies sorted by
  • @Pedro_ES

Good advice - don't go for cheapest price :-)

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Chinese tablets are truly a jungle of copies with different names... I think Huawei is an step ahead of the other tablets discussed here, and also the 3G is not common in cheap tablets, but it is also pricier.

I also consider interesting the small brother of the Ainol Aurora ii: the Ainol Elf ii

The screen is not IPS and the internal memory goes from 8 to 16 GB... the rest of the specs are the same: dual core 1.5Ghz, 1gb ram, Mali 400 MP2, Android 4.0, front camera, usb, hdmi...

But you can buy it at around 120$ which is the cheapest "powerful enough" full functional tablet I have found.

• Btw one of full function tablets with very good price is Huawei MediaPad, it ihad dual core processor, 1280x800 IPS screen, 3G with ability to make calls, cameras, etc.

• @Pedro_ES

Yep, sorry, specs are too common for A10 :-)

Considering LSI, main advantage of A10 is very good feedback that I saw on their H.264 hardware acceleration.

Btw, it is quite good find, with IPS screen. But not for the reader.

ebay link to same:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ainol-Novo7-Aurora2-II-Dual-Core-Android-4-0-IPS-LG-Screen-16GB-Newest-Tablet-PC-/180909320716?pt=US_Tablets&hash=item2a1f092a0c

• This tablet has an AMLogic 8726 processor (dualcore Cortex A9)... I am not sure but I think the A10 is a single core Cortex A8 with a lower implementation of the Mali 400 GPU which should be considerable slower.

• @Pedro_ES

It is A10, 7" tablet, plenty of them on two links in top post.

• I think that the Ainol Aurora ii is an interesting device at a good price:

1024x600 IPS Screen

Dualcore Cortex A9, 1,5 GHz Processor

Mali 400 MP2

1GB RAM

4-5 hours battery in use

Hdmi, usb, sd card

Google Play works...

http://dealsprime.com/ainol-novo-7-aurora-ii-tablet-pc-7-0-ips-capacitive-amlogic-a9-dual-core-1-5ghz-android-4-0-16gb.aspx

• @gameb we are talking about reading books/documents .. for playing native MTS files some guys on the internet recommend to use DicePlayer for Android.. I found somewhere on the web that it can have some limitations due kind of processor you are using ..check the app and you´ll find more about that @010101 I think built in speakers should be a matter of course for any tablet as multimedia device.. but probably the best thing is to check a review on youtube for specific model if it has all you need

• i'am looking for a cheap tablet with a decent screen about the same size as apple ipad,

i only need it to display HD video so don't care about features

any recommendations?

• Any of these tablets have built in speakers !? I like to hand out tablets for viewing video(s) during in person soliciting. The earbuds feels awkward or unsanitary even if I open the packaging in front of some clients.

• Vitaly/Hedrox... When you are talking about "reading", do you mean text reading or reading our avchd files? Are these pandawill/cube tablets any good for reading avchd? So this would happen through the Mini/USB port then...

• you are right, the main use would be for reading.. I know I can´t have a perfect solution for me now (that would be a hybrid ips/e-ink under 300€ ..something like notion ink adam, that I can use for reading and entertainment) so I will buy a cheap tablet (that I can use for indoor reading, browsing) and later I´ll buy an e-reader .. I can use in more situations that I write but priority is reading with no eye suffering... but I´m really talking out of topic now..
    btw didn´t know about AFFS screens on tablets.. It´seems there are only few of them with this technology.. I will look at them for sure... thank you Vitaliy

• @hedrox

the price and specs looks nice

Forget about specs and price. How useful they can be if you have specific task for your tablet and it can't solve it?
    It is just young motherfuckers being paid on review sites are interested in specs/price ratios.

If you want to read on a table, and not do it in home only, at minimum you need AFFS screen (or e-ink, but I think that you do not know if you really want reader only). Same tech that is used in 5.6" monitor on our offer. They are much better outside. Just search ebay for tablet and affs words (in descr).

Or like it

http://www.pandawill.com/cube-u17gt-monster-phone-tablet-pc-7-inch-android-40-affs-screen-1gb-ram-8gb-dual-camera-white-p62795.html

• I hear you.. I´ll probably get one cheap tablet and later something suitable for reading.. but.. just wanted to let people know about this cheap tablet.. the price and specs looks nice

• @hedrox

Do not get crap, really. And use original topic :-)

As for tablet, this is bunch of same crappy things
    http://www.pandawill.com/notebook-tablet-pc-mid-c438/android-os-c306.html?size=15&tablet_cpu_model=63&tablet_pc=40

• I am still searching for a reading device that I was asking in other topic.. yesterday I found this tablet.. it should be available in stores soon and it will be probable the cheapest tablet with such specs... http://androidadvices.com/viota-m970-97-ips-display-tablet-sell-120-android-ics/ I also found on some site that a bigger brother (9,7" IPS) of the kindle fire will be available in summer btw.. this Viota M970 Android Tablet looks the same as tablet on Vitaliy´s first post..

• You can get a four core google tablet from google for $199, can't be all that bad. That should push all the prices down.

It is just ASUS tablet without back camera, btw ASUS cost slightly more. As for four core, they are really almost useless.

• You can get a four core google tablet from google for $199, can't be all that bad. That should push all the prices down.

• @gameb

Topic is about ARM tablets.

As for your link, looks like not a good thing. As I understand it is old tablet. Look for other tablets topic in Gear to find acceptable Windows tablets.