Personal View site logo
Anyone in the UK southwest with Anamorphic Lenses or Voigtlander 25mm 0.95?
  • I have a shoot coming up next Saturday and was hoping to rent an anamorphic lens and maybe a Voigtlander. But not many places deal with these and those that I have found don't have any that weekend!

So does anyone have any ideas of rental places? Or maybe you would be willing to rent your own glass (scary I know!)

Thanks in advance everyone!

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • I've got two Optex 16:9 anamorphic lenses 52mm and 58mm threads, one has a RedStan clamp and Tokina 0.4 doublet. I'm based SW just outside London. They are a bit irreplaceable though and mint, what do you suggest.

• It's a tricky one - I know how much I prize my glass! I could pick it up from you and leave a deposit and a hire fee, and my address etc. I am pretty conspicuous online as well so you can thoroughly research me : )

I totally understand if you don't like the idea of letting them out of your sight though.

• I'm not looking to make money out of you, I'm interested to see what these lenses can achieve as i dont have much time for filming at the moment. These lenses also have a trick where you turn the rear lens around and you can get sharp focus @ one cm to about 2 meters. (thanks @LPowell ) Combine that with the doublet and it gets even better. Do you mean Saturday tomorrow? I would need a substancial deposit though, as accidents do happen :) I've got to run but i'll check online later.