Personal View site logo
  • 192 Replies sorted by
  • @krotal I purchased one on the 14th, it shipped on the 20th and arrived by the 22nd. The quality seems to be very good, and the follow focus also seems to work well.

Any new suggestions on a good lens gear for the follow focus?

• Just received my rig after two weeks, overall quality is excellent, moreover there is absolutely NO backlash with the follow focus :)

• @aproiri .. I have flipped mine upside down .. I have a Sony Handycam which the mounting hole is offset from lens center .. conveniently the offset hole in the tripod baseplate places the Handycam in center of rails. I have covered it with cork .. the day after I won it, he put up another piece .. BP-7 which has two of the pieces I wanted .. doh .. damn it.

My screw was long enough

• @ kavadni

I ordered the same baseplate last week and experienced the same problem -- there is mothing to stop the camera from rotating and the camera screw is too short. The free shipping, however, was incredible; I ordered late Wed. night, and received it Friday morning.

Rather than tryjng to work this problem out with Gini, I'm putting this baseplate back on eBay. It's a nicely machined piece, but is completely useless in its current state and not worth the trouble to work around. I ordered a Berkey System Mikro baseplate instead.

• @tonalt : I ordered a rig a week ago, still not shipped but Gini always states that items will be shipped within 15/30 days... So some lucky customers get their items in 5 days while others wait for 2 weeks. Didn't contact him yet, I'll wait 2 or 3 days, then we'll see.

• For the first time I have some negative feedback for Gini.

• Purchased 2 items in 2 weeks. 2 weeks delivery is negative itself but then Gini put the items in the same package (and I paid those huge ~$100 shipping cost for each item). Asked over week ago if he could refund some of the shipping cost -> no answer.
    • The other item was missing 2 critical parts. Asked about this over week ago also -> no answer.

Good thing is that he added some small parts as gift, when I was asking for one little knob -> he added 5 of them and also couple of short extension rods.

• I purchased my first Gini items .. a simple baseplate and two short rods. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/251053721008?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT I think the metalwork is outstanding quality.

My only criticism is the baseplate has 4 slots (which in my opinion are mean't to have rubber or cork in them) which are empty .. I contacted him and was advised that there are no rubber or cork parts .. he offered to send me a longer camera screw to prevent the camera rotating.

After inspecting his pictures, I will probably buy a few more pieces for my B-Cams .. aware that i will need to cut up some rubber sheet or cork to make them work.

• Good to know, thanks.

• They dispatch usually within 3 days, from my experience.

• Just purchased a rig + i-focus. Do you guys know if the seller really waits 15 days before shipping or does he ship sooner ?

• Rockin' the Extreme-17 on a commercial shoot. Loving it.

cam.jpg
    612 x 612 - 100K
  • "income tax" you mean import tax :-)

• Cool. Thanks for the info

• Gini uses UPS courier and UPS will send income tax invoice to you later. At least this is the case in Finland.

• Income tax! I pay that already lol

I was asking in the hope there may be a way to get round it..... I live in hope

• ofcourse u ll have to pay income tax

• Has anyone had experience with getting these rigs shipped to the UK? Were you stung on import tax, VAT etc?

• Sadly shiping price to germany went up 30$ to 105 $ for the basic pro10! making shiping cost nearly as expensive as the rig (150$) itself.still good rig but defnitlty get all parts you need in one deal cause asking for combine shiping ain t easy and shiping is expensive.luckly i got mine in january paid 70$ for shiping.shiping is fast got mine 2 days after gini droped it at ups in korea.

• @feha

By inverting the follow focus did you just flip the way it was mounted or did you manage to invert the direction of it as well? As in, your Canon FDs now pull to infinity if you are rotating the FF forwards or backwards?

• Just FYI gini has 2 user names on ebay:

gini-2011 and gini778

He (they?) sell different setups under gini778: GH1/2 cages, rigs and even single parts. Same high quality, same weird pricing and also same customer service (if any :P )

• So they finally got back to me a week later and shipped the gear now that I relisted the baseplate on eBay, very frustrating. This time I'm going to wait until the tracking number they gave me works before I pull the baseplate and ship it.

• @headofmush

Yep, thay produce good products, and service is usually good.
    But dealing with them is nightmare, as well as their price policy and marketing approaches.

• @brian202020

He definitely doesn't have the best reputation when it comes to communication. Others and myself have experienced the same thing, it took him about 4 days to get back to my message. Some other less fortunate others said they never heard back at all.

• I'm having kind of a bad experiance with Gini-2011 on eBay right now. I was selling my Zacuto v3 baseplate and he bid on it. He must want it for R&D. I contacted him to see if we could work out a trade since I was going to buy some of his gear anyway with the money from the baseplate sale. He agreed to the trade. Since then I pulled the auction and contacted him 3 times with no response. I'd like to ship the the baseplate to him ASAP and him ship the Gini ASAP. Just wish he would respond already.

• I just received rig including new iFocus FF with reversable gearbox. Absolutely ZERO backlash, unlike with the older Gini FF with huco gearbox...