Personal View site logo
Using The Panasonic GH2 To Broadcast live video stream?
  • 32 Replies sorted by
  • That is a cool idea, everynow and then, I mount a camcorder on the top of my EX1 to get two shot sizes

• EyeFi can't be used for anything like it.

As for broadacst - best solution is to buy or rent good web camera.

• The fastest EyeFi cards are class 6. The transmission speed is well below that. I seriously doubt you could capture and stream at the same time because:

• 1.6 Mbps (achieved top speed from a few reviews) won't support IQ that you could even call "decent".

• There would always a big lag because the card can't transfer files that haven't been fully written. In other words you would have to reach 4GB of footage before it transmits.

You'll need to tackle the HDMI route as I see no other way.

• Oh alright thanks

• I have no experience with the eyefi cards. I am skeptical that the card would be able to do simultaneous read and write. And/or am skeptical that it is engineered .. to some how pass the stream to it's transmitter while writing.

It will definetely introduce lag .. also it's tiny, do you know the effective range of the eyefi?

• Yes I have one and also is there anyway I could do it wirelessly? With like an eyefi card?

• You will need a HDMI or composite capture device that appears as a camera input for skype