Personal View site logo
Late 2012 or early 2013 is going to be another very difficult period
  • Title of this post is citation from Ray Dalio.

Dalio believes that some heavily indebted countries, including the United States, will eventually opt for printing money as a way to deal with their debts, which will lead to a collapse in their currency and in their bond markets. “There hasn’t been a case in history where they haven’t eventually printed money and devalued their currency,” he said. Other developed countries, particularly those tied to the euro and thus to the European Central Bank, don’t have the option of printing money and are destined to undergo “classic depressions,” Dalio said. The recent deal to avoid an immediate debt default by Greece didn’t alter his pessimistic view. “People concentrate on the particular thing of the moment, and they forget the larger underlying forces,” he said. “That’s what got us into the debt crisis. It’s just today, today.”

Read more http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2011/07/25/110725fa_fact_cassidy?printable=true&currentPage=all#ixzz1SZvuqo6z

My personal opinion - all this will happend. Just sooner. :-)
  • 14 Replies sorted by
  • We never knew the Maya people were referring to this specific collapse :-)
  • @dacloo
    >We never knew the Maya people were referring to this specific collapse

How fucking way are Maya related to this post?
  • @dacloo is talking about the 2012 end of the world theory- (the Maya peoples of South America have a calender - it runs out at 2012). This was the theme of the film 2012.

There are 3 main ideas about why it ran out:
    1) They believed that 2012 was the End of the World
    2) There was some solar cycle reason why it ran out, (the end of a solar cycle)
    3) They were just lazy and only counted to 2012- like the Y2K bug- without Microsoft...

Thus- the end of the Calender - 2012 actually is about lots of countries printing their own money.

:D

Now- where do I get some of this printed money!!?
  • @alcomposer

I know that he is talking about.
    We are not talking on such level here.
  • And very well. It follows that the current system is not able to reform, and if so does it mean that something needs to fuck someone finally woke up. After the previous crisis, nothing was done, has no control over banks. The case of Greece which showed the immorality leads a government that deceives its foreign partners, the immorality of banks that lend money even though they should not do this. Immoral people who do not pay taxes and then are surprised that he is facing a crisis and demonstrate. In the U.S., so too will the citizens go out into the street before he chose the politicians who ran a private war (BUSH-IRAQ), or the puppets of bankers who are the only thing this can be pretty smile. Every political system is consuming and unless you can see that the current Western system has to change. It is unfortunate that, as usual, at the expense of ordinary people.
  • Let the doomsayers speak out. They are the best contrarian indicator. When they say the world would end, that means we will do just fine.

About 2012/2013 hard time, yeah.. the patching jobs cannot last forever. The stock market will crash before the economy collapse. That gives roughly late 2011 or early 2012. It works like self-fulfilling prophecy
  • return of gold confiscation?
  • It was a joke. Gee. Lighten up.
    The Maya weren't very good at predicting or else they would have predicted their own extinction.

Anyway I own a EUR company dealing with dollar payments mostly, and it's going to be very important holding back and wire money at the right moment. I'm worried, on the other hand fear never helps. Onward!
  • Of course, that fear never helps, but the carefree and the belief that the world does not change and will always be a good idea to at least premature. The current financial ecosystems worldwide are more interconnected than ever before. The financial meltdown in one place could cause a collapse everywhere. A serious problem is the banks that ceased to operate on the principle of symbiosis with the economies and began to be parasites that destroy and the host and each other. Will benefit only certain individuals who work only for their personal benefit.
  • >A serious problem is the banks that ceased to operate on the principle of symbiosis with the economies and began to be parasites that destroy and the host and each other.

I still want to see private bank that is not parasite :-)
  • >I still want to see private bank that is not parasite :-)
    ha ha ha :-) - Very good :-).

Unfortunately, I'm an idealist and I understand that someone want to earn someone money, but if gainful activity has lead to the collapse of a earning entity is fucking stupid. Hitler came to power, because in Germany after World War I there was a paradise. Hitler came to power in democratic elections because the country's economy zarżnęły German Entente. Tsar did not fall because the "evil" forces are conspiring to him, but he fell because it was inefficient system in which millions of people were starving. Nothing is eternal, and even a good idea to burn. Most empires collapsed not because the enemies are defeated, but the internal reasons.
  • "rome didn't fall in a day." but if the decline lasts for a few decades, it would feel like eternity.