Personal View site logo
Want to help test the GH2 in L.A. this Sunday April 15th, 2012?
  • 41 Replies sorted by
  • @thepalalias lets just hope the weather isn't too bad, it supposed to rain Saturday. Hopefully it will clear up.

• Kinda hard doing that from Germany ;-) I just keep my fingers crossed and hope someone with an GF2 will join in. Either way, I am looking forward to your results.

• @Jodan Don't give up. :) Just find me a GF2 user in L.A. that is free Sunday and they can participate in the test.

• I guess most of those people who signed on are too professional to use a "cheap" entry level GF2? But please go ahead and suggest it anyways, maybe there is a chance for it to work out. I am sure "normal" users (those who are not earning their living off of filming) would appreciate it a lot. At least I would. And who knows, maybe the results would be surprising - at least that is what in the EOSHD blog was stated if I remember right.

• If you can get me two more people with cameras, we will test those two patches. :)

Nobody that has signed on so far has mentioned using a GF2.

• I'd test eoshd too.

• I'd test flowmotion too

• As an event like this is going to happen and in case enough people with their equipment are participating, it was really awesome if you also - along with the unhacked GH2 - would test an hacked as well as an unhacked GF2 (if available). I guess that would help quite lots of people who use it as a cheap backup cam or others who just are on a tight budget (as unfortunately not everyone can afford the GH2 with kit lense for three times the price of an GF2 with kit lense).

• Somebody pointed out that the day of the week indicated did not match the date, so I fixed that. It is still this coming Sunday, it is just that this Sunday is the 15th not the 14th.

• @GripLimited Even if you`ll be busy that day, any equipment you could spare for the day would be helpful. We are short memory cards at the moment.

• It`s off Lincoln in Altadena.

• That's awesome. I'm from MPK, but won't be available this day. Looking forward to the results.

Is the production/rental house further north of alta dena?

• Assuming that we have the current expected number of GH2s, these are the settomgs currently at the front of the line.

-Sedna -Mysteron -Cake -GOLGOP -Sanity -Stock 1.1

• That is the plan. At least some of the tests will be done with unhacked stock settings and Firmware version 1.1.

• If you have a bunch of GH2's, I'd love it if at lease one was UNhacked.

• Also, one of the cinematographer is considering the possibility of bringing a RED Scarlet to test alongside the GH2. We'll be shooting areas with a wide dynamic range, so this would give the RED Scarlet a chance to flex it's muscle a bit more as well as continuing the trend of testing how well it could intercut with the GH2.

Those of you with experience using the Epic or Scarlet alongside a GH2 are invited to send any advice you might have in the even this comes to pass. Thanks again!