Personal View site logo
Official Canon G1 X topic

The PowerShot G1 X supports Full HD (1080p) movie capture instantly at 24fps, via a dedicated movie button. Taking advantage of the camera's large CMOS sensor, users can experience high quality movies, even in low light conditions, with the shallow depth of field associated with a larger sensor. Additionally, the 4x optical zoom can be used whilst filming, offering versatility, while stereo sound is also captured.

The bright, high-resolution, 920k dot LCD provides a sharp, detailed platform for image framing and review, while an optical viewfinder (OVF) with dioptre adjuster gives photographers the option to shoot according to their individual style. A newly-integrated manual pop-up flash provides the option to add additional light to a scene, and, using the hotshoe, external Canon Speedlite flashes can also be used.

HDR mode and ND filter

• Sensor size - Four Thirds (18.7 x 14 mm) :-)
    • Effective pixels - 14.3 megapixels
    • Image ratio - 1:1, 5:4, 4:3, 3:2, 16:9
    • Video - 1920 x 1080 (24 fps), 1280 x 720 (30 fps), 640 x 480 (30 fps)
    • Weight (inc. batteries) - 390 g (0.86 lb / 13.76 oz)

Meterials and links:

• 8 Replies sorted by
  • I really like this camera. And I think such approach also must be present.

• Has it autofocus in video mode? I could not find it in dpreview's description. Missing autofocus in video mode was a knock-out criterion for the G12.

• Movies include stereo sound, and both optical zoom and continuous autofocus are available during movie capture

• nothing for me.. but ND filter is something i would like to see in GH3 and 5DmIII

• Thanks, Vitaliy. I did not see it although I was looking for it. Shame on me :-(

• Like it. Too bad it has no mic input. Would have been killer. 4355 KB/s H.264 1080P24 with Linear PCM Audio. So 34 Mb/s with uncompressed audio. Should not look too shabby. Don't know if full manual is possible in video.

• It sure is a nice concept, but it's big! Think the pic quality will be very good!