Personal View site logo
Vimeo alternative with good sound
  • I need a Vimeo alternative with good sound. The last few months, all my uploads are re-encoded with some of the worst sound I have ever heard online. It's awful. Any recommendations? I just need a place to store the files and embed them ad free.

• 11 Replies sorted by
  • Have you considered amz cloud storage? It's paid but very affordable and easy to activate if you already have an account with them. I don't think you can embed the videos, but can link to them ad-free.

Otherwise, try and master/upload to ProRes/DNxHD/HR with uncompressed audio.

• I'm looking for some features like Vimeo, thanks. The audio is so bad on Vimeo I can't listen to it.

• @DrDave

Vimeo financial situation is dire, for long time.

It seems like new cost savings measure. They'll go down anyway.

• I could believe it.

• Disregard the AMZ Drive Cloud storage suggestion above. It is being discontinued.

https://www.amazon.com/b/?node=23943055011

• @DrDave

I propose to just buy dedicated server with lots of HDD storage (and with RAID, of course) and put some proper scripts on it.

It costs more, but it is best thing.

• Some time ago I was looking for perfection. Then I realised that everything on the internet is compressed, and every low budget equipment has imperfections. So I decided to live with that and be happy. I just do my best possible. And I remember that VHS was worst.

• Apefos is right. You want free, accept what comes with it.

• @endotoxic

Thing that amaze me considering this - guys who invest huge money into equipment and discuss about small things and extreme DR.

I got used Samsung NX1 not long ago :-) And it is still better than most middle and budges cameras :-) Even NX300 is superb if you consider it for photos and fast simple videos.

• @vitaliy_kiselev

Yes, indeed. I used my gh2 for almost 10 years and was very capable camera. Lol. Also nx sensors where ahead of time.

I wonder how an nx sensor design with I little tweak would perform and behave on new lithographic processes.

• @vitaliy_kiselev

The NX1 is awesome when used with 16-50mm f2-2.8 & 50-150mm f2.8. An incredible trifecta. I'm glad you found a used NX1 to purchase. Welcome to the club =)