Personal View site logo
War: Adobe as enemy of the people
  • The head of Adobe, Shantanu Narayen, published an official statement on a corporate blog, according to which the company stops all new sales in Russia. Now it will not be possible to buy Photoshop, Premiere Pro and other company products in the country. All state media in Russia are subject to additional restrictions.

Mr. Narayen clarified that the cessation of all new sales in Russia will take effect immediately. For most of the previously concluded contacts, the obligations will be fulfilled. Previously issued subscriptions will also continue to work, but it will not be possible to renew them or issue new ones. Adobe's decision is driven by the company's commitment to comply with sanctions imposed by the US, European and UK governments - this measure will allow the company to make sure that its product and services are not used by organizations that fall under the sanctions.

All subscriptions will stop working with time. Nice.

Still love subscriptions? No? I told ya!

Welcome to the word where Adobe is officially recognized as enemy of the people!

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • I agree with you about subscriptions.

But, Putin is the enemy of the people.

You've lost it now. Adobe? Really?

• @markr041

You've lost it now. Adobe? Really?

Of course, I even wrote it years before this moment :-)

None of the managers who decided it wrote even single line of code, ever.

• FINE. Let's all support the communization-of-copyrights then! Love those Russian-hacked versions of Photoshop, have helped me much over the years :)

• @ninetto

Issue is that all this hacking is also not solution.

Solution is only in making all source code common property and also stop shitty practice where developers are turned into some isolated elite with big salaries at the expense of society.