Personal View site logo
100 years of abortion legalization
  • On this day a hundred years ago, November 18, 1920, abortion was legalized for the first time in Europe. This event took place in red Russia, it was formalized by a joint resolution of the RSFSR People's Commissariat of Health and the RSFSR People's Commissariat of Justice "On artificial termination of pregnancy". From now on, all women received the right to artificially terminate their pregnancies within the first three months.

Even back in 1913 Lenin advocated "the unconditional abolition of all laws against abortion." He attributed the right to abortion to the "elementary democratic rights of a citizen"

Despite the new right to abortion, the birth rate in red Russia increased in the 1920s. This was facilitated by the famous "maternity leave" introduced by the Bolsheviks for women - it began two months before the birth of the child and ended one and a half months after giving birth. All this time, the woman received a full salary. In 1920, 21.7 babies were born per thousand people in Russian cities, and in 1923 (after abortion was allowed) - 35.3. In 1927, there were already 45 births per thousand people.

Important to remember for some conservative degenerates.

• 21 Replies sorted by
  • @Vitaliy.....have you ever assisted in having one of your offspring vacuumed out of it's comfortzone ? It's perfectly logical why communist are so pro abortion, considering that everything is for the good of the state. Fux the state. But if there's already too many people, let those who profess such be the first to jump off the bridge. Remember , as your falling ....it's good for the state.

• @Kurth don’t you think you are getting to hard with this comment?

Abortions is really hot topic, cos it involves a life, a girl, a boy, future and resources. Are you sure what your saying ?

State has nothing to do with babies.

State won’t stop me from fucking. It would fuck me after making a baby for sure

• @kurth

Proposal here by @kurth is actually such - lets move problem under the bed, lets move abortion into illegal territory with huge amount of female deaths (always 100% happen after any ban on abortions!).

But accompany all this with some pro life bullshit and with some church stuff all above this.

One interesting fact also is that guys like @kurth actually are afraid to even talk about anything like it with real females.

Yes, abortions are not best thing, and they must be replaced by new extremely advanced contraception. But not banned because some idiot said nice sounding pro life bullshit.

It's perfectly logical why communist are so pro abortion, considering that everything is for the good of the state. Fux the state.

I also suggest here to not fall into trap, as communists actually banned abortions in 1936 as huge wave of much more religious and traditionalist peasants moved into cities to work on huge amount of new factories. And it was reactionary thing to do.

• Abortion is a measured risk factor. For lot of levels of use. Preventing it from happening shows low control from state to farmer or citizen on street. Abortion is all control tool.

If nothing where to risk in life, and all is good, nobody would abort. Babies are cool and growing them it’s not. But with money it’s cool again.

No money no support no babies, can’t predict anything. No economic growth, no future if no babies.

Very sensitive topic. But cool one! Very important nowadays.

• @endotoxic.... state determines abortions availability, thus it's easily accessible solutions versus the harder solution having and raising children. Abortion shouldn't be illegal but it should be much more difficult to obtain than just nonchalantly going to the clinic and bam boom. There's plenty of good contraception technologies. What there isn't is responsibility, on both persons part. And @Vitaliy as usual you're extrapolating your own brain waves. Abortion was legalized to further eugenic goals of eliminating minorities.. It's estimated that over 50 million babies have been aborted in the US alone. That's some bad fuxin karma.

[VK - personal attack removed, ban on Blog part will follow soon]

• state determines abortions availability

State is not some abstract thing, as it reflects forces of society. So, if you see state going into anti abortion thingy - it means that reactionary forces, capitalists, old religious fanatics and uneducated people are slowly taking over in society and to change it - you need to reverse the trend, increase education level, remove any religions idiots from any place they can talk publicly and go into the progressive way overall.

Abortion was legalized to further eugenic goals of eliminating minorities..

What kind of minorities?

It's estimated that over 50 million babies have been aborted in the US alone. That's some bad fuxin karma.

And around 1 billion was not born because of contraception. Horror.

• You want me to stop personal attacks.....you stop doing them first ! It should be very obvious for anyone reading your posts. ""One interesting fact also is that guys like @kurth actually are afraid to even talk about anything like it with real females.""

• @Vitaliy ....study planned parenthood. Lots different preventing sperm from entering egg, to pulling out a fetus at 5 months. Your logic is sad.

• @kurth

My remark is not personal attack. I know that you most probably will never tell this open to females as I saw such people countless times. Some issue with contraception - it is always girl fault for you. May I be wrong? I may. But I saw it many times and exceptions are rare. Somehow all this anti abortion guys can't get things along even with their girlfriends, they can only watch TVs and listen to church figures but not get life in their own hands.

Lots different preventing sperm from entering egg, to pulling out a fetus at 5 months. Your logic is sad.

Have no idea that all this means.

Actually planned parenthood is about much more sane ways of not making unwanted babies, it is not about enforcing abortions.

• Very sensitive topic cos it envolved unwilling of giving life over unaware wiling life, it’s very sensitive issue.

• @endotoxic

Yes, and we even not went into vegans territory, this guys are next pro life stop of insanity.

• This is a sensitive and complex topic for sure. If women don’t have right of getting abortion, they may not have right for other things due to social pressure. But if it is ok to end the life (not one’s own life), what other life is ok to end?

No one knows answer...

• This is a sensitive and complex topic for sure. If women don’t have right of getting abortion, they may not have right for other things due to social pressure. But if it is ok to end the life (not one’s own life), what other life is ok to end? No one knows answer...

No, it is simple topic, and it is made complex as it is necessary to wash heads of poor people. Until you view female as some breeding device without mind, in this case topic become really complex, but not in the part about female and abortion - but more about person who have some brain wiring to even think so.

• Again this issue has no definite answer. Sure each person can make their own choice. But we are bound by families, communities, a society, and a country. That's what makes it complex.

• @stonebat

Well, as I said, topic initial post show how simple the question is, until you have strong forces who act against progress. And no, it is not families, communities or abstract society. It is classes and huge groups of people who are in the process of leaving their class. Complexity is artificial thing used to distract people.

• That's exactly why it's not that simple. You call it a progress, but some call it a sacrifice.

• What makes it truly complex is that one cannot live with different ideas. But that's not how nature works.

• it’s not complex, it’s straight forward thinking, dead children cost less than born ones, there is even an industry made from this poor babies and its parts in USA broadly covered in media and socially. You can see In China the big Organs harvesting industry, with hours fresh organs, and planned killing.

Its a sad issues and sensitive ones, complex is the side effects of this decisions Over men and woman, and to what extent death of other humans in hand of humans becomes less and less degenerate and more widely accepted as this jobs become more common.

That is complex and worrying factor for any social construct.

Abortion is human or inhuman behavior? I think is made from us and executed by us, so it’s an all human construction, it does end in a bad society, but if we are counting on pitty and sad feeling inside the society, we wouldn’t even make any advancements.

Compassion was a very weak Christian value, but more and more in need lately.

Nietzsche hated this value, and I get him, in fact he predicted that this core value was the sake of our final loss in inhumanity battle. As more and more people get into Christianity less and less “bad gods” where taken into account, this make us believe in one alley god pure with no bad feelings and no single bad in him. When reality is quiet the opposite.

He said that when this approach was taken, the denial of the evil and only good god is present makes us fall into thinking too much and not realizing that we also have to account evil, cos it’s real and it’s also powerful.

Thus making us weak from the inside.

• @endotoxic

Remember that fascists made worst crimes under "Gott mit uns" motto. So it is always nice idea to have Christian values very deep.

• I understand, it’s our big stop sign, humans can bee a lot of things,

that’s dangerous.

• In El Salvador, a court decided to release Sara Rogel, who was sentenced to 30 years in prison for an abortion in 2012, writes Reuters. Thus, the woman spent eight years in prison. The 22-year-old student was arrested in 2012 when she was admitted to hospital bleeding. According to Rogel, she fell down the stairs while cleaning the house. According to her, she did not know she was pregnant. But she was prosecuted for murder. El Salvador has had one of the most stringent anti-abortion laws in the world since 1997. Prior to that, the law allowed some exceptions (pregnancy from rape, incest and when the mother's life was threatened), but then they were excluded.

This is where stuff can go.