Personal View site logo
Panasonic S1 FF Camera - copy of Nikon Z6
  • 275 Replies sorted by
  • @omega1978

This same thing must be made as firmware update for all m43 lenses. Not sure if it'll work perfect, but at least it'll be better.

• Shure, i hope this for all owner of GH line cameras.

• The linear function has it's own set of issues. I do lots of filming at long distances and in linear mode regardless of rotation range selected, it is almost unmanageable out toward infinity focus. You simply can't control it finely enough to hit critical focus. The non-linear mode allows ultra fine adjustment when out closer to infinity focus and is much more useful for a lot of the wildlife and landscape work I tend to do most often. With a focus ring clutch like the new 50mm it might be more useful but on the 24-105, I found it to be much worse than than the non-linear mode I've become accustom to and actually prefer.

Cheers, Pete

• First discounts start in US, for starters as trade-in stuff

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/promotion/15307/panasonic-trade-in.html

sa8441.jpg
    800 x 332 - 41K
  • UK PR on firmware

Functions available within the upgrade programme include:

• 14+ stops of V-Log recording
    • World’s first 4:2:2 10-bit 4K MOV 30p/25p1 internal video recording2
    • World’s first 4:2:2 10-bit 4K 60p/50p1 HDMI output2
    • V-Log and V-Gamut compatible with Cinema VariCam Look
    • In-camera LUT (Look Up Table) application enabling playback of V-Log while or after recording (LUT Display with Custom Function)
    • A WFM (Waveform Monitor) displays brightness level while recording
    • High-res 48-kHz/24-bit or 96-kHz/24-bit sound can be recorded in MOV using the XLR Microphone Adaptor DMW-XLR1

The upgrade key will be available free of charge by redemption from 8th July 2019 for existing purchasers of the LUMIX S1, and new purchasers until 30th September 2019. From 1st October 2019 the key will be available to purchase at £179.00.

UK and Ireland only. Full terms and conditions apply. For further information visit www.promotions.panasonic.co.uk

• Bokeh comparison

• 50mm lens crispy.

• Nauticam NA-S1R Housing

• Depth Rating: 100m
    • Weight: 3.5kg (In Air)
    • Dimensions: 363mm(W) x 215mm(H) x 153mm(D)
    • Battery for Vacuum system: CR2032
    • Model Number: 17718
    • USA Retail Price: $3300
    sa8961.jpg
    587 x 411 - 34K
  • I like this guy - straightforward, non-hype.

• Sensible comparison.

• Gariz stuff

sa9105.jpg
    583 x 339 - 26K
  • Firmware Version 1.1

1. Improved performance of the Body Image Stabilizer
      • The correction performance of the Body Image Stabilizer has been improved from a maximum of 5.5 stops to a maximum of 6.0 stops.
      • The correction performance of the Dual I.S.2 has been improved from 6.0 stops to 6.5 stops.
    2. Improved AF performance
      • [AF-ON: Near Shift] and [AF-ON: Far Shift] functions have been added. [AF-ON: Near Shift] preferably focuses on a subject nearby while [AF-ON: Far Shift] preferably focuses on a subject far away.
      • The tracking performance when using [Tracking] AF mode in video recording has been improved.
      • Live view display during auto focusing is now easier to see.
    3. Function Enhancement with Upgrade Software Key DMW-SFU2
      • An [Activate] function has been added which enables the use of extended functions using the Upgrade Software Key DMW-SFU2. The following functions will be added by activating the Upgrade Software Key.
      • The video recording modes [MOV]
      • 4K 60p/50p 4:2:0 8bit LongGOP 150Mbps with LPCM Audio
      • 4K 30p/25p 4:2:2 10bit LongGOP 150Mbps with LPCM Audio
      • 4K 24p 4:2:2 10bit LongGOP 100Mbps with LPCM Audio
      • FHD 60p/50p 4:2:2 10bit LongGOP 100Mbps with LPCM Audio
      • FHD 30p/25p 4:2:2 10bit LongGOP 100Mbps with LPCM Audio
      • HDMI 4K 60p/50p 4:2:2 10bit output
      • V-Log will be added in Photo Style.
      • The [V-Log View Assist] function will be added, which enables viewing the V-Log file with LUT(Look Up Table) when recording video in V-Log.
      • The [Read LUT File] function will be added, which allows users to install and apply their favorite LUT.
      • A WFM (Waveform Monitor) display function.
      • A [Luminance Level] adjustment function that complies with 10-bit.
      • An [XLR Mic Adaptor Setting] function that enables high-res sound recording using the XLR Microphone Adapter DMW-XLR1 (sold separately).
    4. Improved operational stability
      • Operational stability when using an XQD memory card has been improved.

https://av.jpn.support.panasonic.com/support/global/cs/dsc/

• "Improved AF performance : [AF-ON: Near Shift] and [AF-ON: Far Shift] functions have been added. [AF-ON: Near Shift] preferably focuses on a subject nearby while [AF-ON: Far Shift] preferably focuses on a subject far away."

I wonder if this Panasonics attempt to try and stop the "hunting" that happens with their existing CAF mode. So when the camera is set to only focus on close by subjects it won't then attempt to focus shift onto the background like it does at present.

• Panasonic has announced the launch of its Lumix S loan scheme, where photographers and videographers can sign-up for a two-week loan of Lumix S Series kit free of charge.

The LUMIX S loan scheme is open to all professional and high-amateur photographers and videographers who are interested in trying out the S Series kit for their general work or an upcoming project, providing an excellent opportunity to try out the system properly before committing to purchase.

To sign up for a loan, visit the Panasonic website.

• Dynamic range