Personal View site logo
Panasonic S1 FF Camera - copy of Nikon Z6
  • 275 Replies sorted by
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev Cheers. a few days ago I remember seen a Free Extra Battery and Battery Grip on BH and Adorama, But not anymore.

At least here in Europe some stores are still offering 100 Euros Off + 200Euros on Trade in on top of the camera you are trading in

• Hopefully just the one faulty camera out there ...

• Tutorial

• New cage

• Been away for a much needed week without computers and very limited cell service. I haven't had any proper film projects to work on, but did take a few pics and video with my S1 and 24-105 last week. Put together a little sample using Movie Studio 14 with no editing. Neutral profile, iso 100-500, mostly at f/4 with a 2-stop nd and a cir-pol. The stills in there are using the standard profile and and a little over cooked on the color.

Needless to say I've ruined my desire to shoot with my gx9 or gh5 much anymore and I haven't even started to try to edit anything with scopes and properly adjust things.

Cheers, Pete

• LUMIX S1R (Ver.1.1)

• Improved exposure accuracy during continuous shooting.

LUMIX S1 (Ver.1.1)

• Improved exposure accuracy during continuous shooting.
    • Improved accuracy of flash tuning performance.

Btw firmware shows that we have completely new LSI. Usage of zImage and rootfs images most probably means that we now have ARM cores. And LNS ( logarithmic number system) FPGA is also indicator that we have FPGA block on LSI.

• Talked again about sales numbers. For now it is all bad, especially in EU.

Retail channel now wait for cashback and bundles offers that must bring body cost below $2000.

• And here is one of the reasons the Panasonic Lumix S1 is not a copy of anything and truly epic. In cam time lapse with a full frame! Nothing like it on the market. Filming one minute and uploading twenty minutes later !!!

Cheers, Pete

• A comparison from my first shoot with the S1 and kit zoom — the original photo and edited version. Post with Lightroom CC. Any feedback is welcomed.

I've used all of Panasonic's GH cameras for feature films since 2011 and while I'm excited for the S1 you're looking at a completely new identity for shooting. From size, to weight, to lens, and more you're changing a lot of how you do things — minus the fact that the menu is familiar.

I don't have a finalized review of the camera other than I love shooting full frame but am not completely sold that this camera will replace my GH5. I'm not a fan of the kit lens when it comes to video — it's absolutely terrible if you're someone who shoots manual for video (I never shoot auto so can't help on that). The focus ring is too jumpy, and overall it's a total let down for run and gun. The picture looks good but getting there is a mess. I had better luck with the GH5 zooms.

I'll try to get a video posted to show how the GH5 (vLOG) and S1 (Flat) cut together.

Dual Stabilization did help out a lot and is a must if you're going handheld.

Shots are for the upcoming feature documentary INVISIBLE HAND that documents a Rights of Nature approach to society (executive producer Mark Ruffalo). Cheers, Joshua

P1000101.jpg
    2000 x 1333 - 636K
    P1000101-2.jpg
    2000 x 1333 - 571K
    P1000147-2.jpg
    2000 x 1334 - 883K
    P1000147.jpg
    2000 x 1333 - 661K
    P1000165-2.jpg
    2000 x 1334 - 1M
    P1000165.jpg
    2000 x 1333 - 743K
    P1000218-2.jpg
    2000 x 1334 - 934K
    P1000218.jpg
    2000 x 1333 - 453K
  • @jbpribanic What do you mean the focus ring is jumpy? For me is the best focus by wire that exist. You can change to linear mode and have all options from 90-360 degree how the focus react

• @omega1978 does this mean you can set digital hardstops on the focus ring? Can you explain with more detail what you mean?

• @Sph1nxter not my video, but he explane the linear focus very well. you can make marks with a gaffer tape or use a follow focus perfectly in this mode.

• Wow! That is a game changer. Does it work for all lumix lenses?