Personal View site logo
Capitalism: 91% Of Teachers Buy School Supplies, 41% Have A Second Job
  • A recent survey showed nearly 70 percent of Maryland’s teachers felt their schools lacked funding to purchase basic items.

One teacher tweeted he pays close to $2,000 out of pocket each year.

Teachers also have their own debt — 37 percent have student loan debt and 21 percent have more than $25,000 in debt.

Four in 10 teachers have a second job, according to the poll and 61 percent of those are educators under the age of 30.

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2018/08/22/poll-maryland-teachers-in-debt/

• 19 Replies sorted by
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev When you implement the forum feature we can hide all the posts from certain categories?

• @tonalt

Idea to hide from reality around is strong with you, my young padavan. :-)

• Promise is a promise.

And when it comes to the reality, some reality is banned from here.

• Promise is a promise.

Do not worry, got o Patreon, support us.

As it is me doing all the stuff, I am limited in time, and as soon as we'll have all ready we'll move to new engine.

It is not the reality that is banned, it is quite opposite - wrong interpretation of reality.

• Can you at least put category-id attribute to the posts in Topics List -view so I can more easily implement my own script to hide them.

• @tonalt

If you can write scripts just make it go via categories you are interested in and combine results, as view and sorting is same.

If get start page results and remove one you see in categories you want to ignore (actually it is blog only :-) )

• I was looking it months ago and it seemed I would need a timed crawler script which polls all category views and this way would find out which post belongs to each category. This would increase traffic to the site tremendously and implementation would be much more complex than just one client specific tampermonkey script.

• @tonalt

Well, how exactly script you run in 30 minutes or hour can increase load?

Poll only title page, after this remove all containing words "us:" "capitalism" or "quote".

In Python such script can be made in like 15 minutes.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

It is not the reality that is banned, it is quite opposite - wrong interpretation of reality.

Vitaliy, I think most people are perfectly fine with posts detailing the reality of our various government's failures. But the hypocrisy comes when you remove all posts about the same, or worse, conditions in your own country. I understand you pretty much must do this for your own safety, but that alone should be enough for you to realize this. Unless... all these posts are secretly a way for you to protest against the corruption and malfunction in your country.... That would be sneaky.

• @joethepro Wow, how your post is not deleted without a trace already. But you got my point exactly.

@Vitaliy_Kiselev Ofcourse I would run the script every 30 seconds in every category. There's many categories I want to hide. 15min is not enough even to install Python on Windows. And then you need to host the script and db-file on some server, so tampermonkey script can use it from every computer I use. It's easily 3 hour project for the first version.

• @joethepro

But the hypocrisy comes when you remove all posts about the same, or worse, conditions in your own country. I understand you pretty much must do this for your own safety, but that alone should be enough for you to realize this. Unless... all these posts are secretly a way for you to protest against the corruption and malfunction in your country.... That would be sneaky.

I explained it many times. No need inventing various funny theories. :-)

@tonalt

Your behavior sometimes reminds Masochism.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Actually I haven't heard that explanation. Last time you just said that it's a long story. So can you now explain it to us all? Maybe put it to FAQ and sticky post?

• Damm Vitaly.

Sometimes some persons react not that well under pressure.

It's well known here you dont like stuff, you can't handdle them well enough, you errase it, or bann it.

Please dont be such pussy, on topics youncant handdle, Let others do the job, you can't.

Sometimes letting go Is good.

Makes you grow.

• Isn't it Vitaliy's site that he works on and pays to operate? It seems like he can choose which content he is willing to allow and disallow. I never got the impression that this site was operated to become a clone of 4chan.

Also, it seems like it shouldn't be too hard to make a TamperMonkey script that detects the PV topics list, finds words like "capitalism" in the text, and then hides the associated div/href. I haven't bothered with TamperMonkey in a long time, but last time I used it, that wasn't exactly rocket science.

• @endotoxic

You also making error. Pressure has nothing to do here. But unnecessary noise and waste of visitors time - certainly.

@eatstoomuchjam

Isn't it Vitaliy's site that he works on and pays to operate? It seems like he can choose which content he is willing to allow and disallow.

Something like this, just small addition, this fighters for freedom of speech (btw they deserve to know that such thing exist in capitalism in certain form and certain time and serve specific purpose!) somehow forget that they'll be banned instantly if they try to discuss any admins actions (100%) or post anything about politics on any of camera related sites.

• @eatstoomuchjam It's not only word "capitalism" that is in the annoying post titles. The point is that Vitaliy could easily do this so much easier for the users. He is the God here. But this kind of annoyances are perfect reason for me to not give any donations for the site. I'm sure many thinks in the same way.

• But this kind of annoyances are perfect reason for me to not give any donations for the site. I'm sure many thinks in the same way.

Main annoyance is that you actually do not want to see PV as it is (and use same approach for US). Donation is not something you promise to make by telling that to do to gain it from you, such thing is called otherwise.

Thing you actually want to tell us about or ask about - you want to reproduce mainstream media feeling, even not direct, but one you get via communication with people around you who are exposed fully.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev You don't know my real opinions about many things. Just read what I've said. Be nice person, take in account other peoples' feelings. Then it will turn out good. I just don't get it that you know that many many people are upset because of your actions, but you just continue what you have been doing. You poison the air here. P-V could be so much nicer place to be for all. You have the keys.

• I just don't get it that you know that many many people are upset because of your actions, but you just continue what you have been doing. You poison the air here.

At least you told it :-) And perfectly formulated that you want. PV could be nicer place, without me and all that actually makes it PV:-) It won't be PV, of course, it won't be even something you will like at all. As all the purpose of your latest posts to get some personal fun by opposing everything. Thing will be changing soon, but in the opposite direction of your expectations. And it'll be hardest change you ever saw in your life.

Go and read something finally, stop wasting my time.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions