Personal View site logo
Olympus E-M5 III, finally dropped on the floor
  • 55 Replies sorted by
  • @cas1

Don't be so sure, as Olympus can have any strange restrictions, from time to bitrate and more.

If you want really good AF for video - look for latest generation of Canon Dual Pixel Cameras, it is way better than any PDAF (btw PDAF can be ignored fully for video!).

• https://www.43rumors.com/ft5-e-m5iii-willbe-announced-on-october-17-and-feature-the-same-20-mp-sensor/#disqus_thread

If it has good 4k + phase detect AF + IS + flippy screen it is going to be the vloggers camera to have. I'm considering selling my G85 and go with Olympus because of the phase detect AF.

• Olympus E-M5III will not be announced in September. It’s very likely we will see it in October.

• The E-M5III will have USB charging

Such way they do not need to supply any charger.

• In my view:

• True: 20.4MP sensor, Improved IS (half a stop), High Res Shooting mode, Improved AF (but probably only CDAF, PDAF still a E-M1 exclusivity), 4K video 30fps,1080p at 120fps, Improved position of ports, Log gamma curve for flat recording,Audio monitoring without adding the grip, Programmable focus shift, Focus Peaking with colour options

• Don't see in future: Dual SD card slots, Built in ND filter, Built in audio high pass filters, Ability to adjust Continuous AF speed in video