Personal View site logo
Aputure LS-Mini20 and Tri-8s Lights
  • Aputure LS-Mini20 light interview

Aputure Amaran Tri-8s Led Light Interview

• 20 Replies sorted by
  • Good interviews!

• These sounds perfect for home studio. 3 x Tri-8s with softboxes for main lights and one LS-Mini20 for hair light.

• Amaran is a little small, I'll make video about Lishuai edge lights this week, they are simpler to use as make soft lights without any softbox.

For hair light also - you can be good even with powerful flashlight with adjustable beam if it is not big studio.

• Super interview!

• Interesting. Thanks to Dieter and Vitaliy!

• Absolutely love the LED pattern!

• New interview from SMPTE-2017

• Aputure LS-Mini20 (daylight version), NAB 2017 measurement using CV600, Russian Lab processing

We cover spectrum, color temperature, and all modern color quality standards, including latest 2016 and 2017 years ones.

Never select light based on just CRI number.

Focus on TM30 and CIE 244 and look for color distortion and Rf values.

LS-Mini20 is good light with slightly cool color temperature, light quality is lower than most Aputure led lights but suitable for videos.

Color temperature

CRI color quality

CQS color quality

TLCI 2012

TM30 color quality

TM30 details

All TM30 color samples Rf values

CIE 244 2017

s1.jpg
    800 x 414 - 29K
    s2.jpg
    800 x 401 - 50K
    s3.jpg
    713 x 502 - 55K
    s4.jpg
    718 x 457 - 53K
    s5.jpg
    754 x 558 - 60K
    s6.jpg
    800 x 477 - 59K
    s7.jpg
    800 x 325 - 43K
    s8.jpg
    459 x 450 - 32K
    s10.jpg
    800 x 265 - 60K
    s12.jpg
    795 x 375 - 38K
    s11.jpg
    514 x 513 - 42K
  • Aputure LS-Mini20 Led Light Interview

• After delaying the product by a full year and yet still not making it available, the eventual launch is destroyed by extorting purchase in quantities of three. The whole marketing overture that Aputure made (before they started seeing more profit margins and trying to hang with the cool kids/"vloggers") was that this thing would cost under $200. This is a nothingburger until they deliver.

• @focuspulling

Isn't it too much emotions?

Making something actually made and delivered is not so easy.

As I understand they'll ramp up production since September.

For now https://www.came-tv.com/collections/boltzen-daylight-lights/products/1-pc-came-tv-boltzen-30w-fresnel-led-daylight is available for quite long.

• Well, did not intend to sound emotional; just advocating for the consumer point of view, which companies often forget about when it comes to manipulating their buying behavior, and forcing choices that assume too much (or too little about customers). I think you prove the point by showing that there's competition from another Chinese company, CAME-TV, who make great products -- I don't ever see them rubbing shoulders with "celebrity vloggers" and constantly making rounds on the trade show circuit with big promises: they just make good gear, quickly and affordably. Anyone who waited a year for these little things from Aputure should just buy from CAME-TV already, like you said.

• @focuspulling

Well, from economical POV Aputure approach is efficient. You may like it or not, of course.
    CAME-TV is also present on many exhibitions, just do not have such good presenter as Ted :-)

I also much more like Mini20 construction.

• I don't think you've really digested anything I wrote, from Aputure's timing, to their extortion requiring a high-cost kit purchase, to the damage caused to their brand (and I think Ted is actually causing much of that problem, leaving a "selfie" impression of the company's professional ambitions.

• I don't think you've really digested anything I wrote, from Aputure's timing, to their extortion requiring a high-cost kit purchase, to the damage caused to their brand (and I think Ted is actually causing much of that problem, leaving a "selfie" impression of the company's professional ambitions.

Extortion is practice of obtaining something, especially money, through force or threats. Are you sure you know word meaning?

3 light kit is $719 - https://www.adorama.com/apuapls20ddc.html

It includes 3 good 970 batteries (around $27 each) and padded case.

Making calc it is not much more. And I think later in year you'll get your $199 bare light.

Ideas about problems is also funny :-) Considering I know some Aputure sales details as know dealers.

• Aputure Tri-8 (daylight version), Measurement using Lisun, Russian Lab processing

We cover spectrum, color temperature, and all modern color quality standards, including latest 2016 and 2017 years ones.

Never select light based on just CRI number.

Focus on TM30 and CIE 244 and look for color distortion and Rf values.

Tri-8 is good light with slightly warm color temperature, light quality is slightly lower than best Aputure led lights but suitable for videos.

Color temperature

CRI color quality

CQS color quality

TLCI 2012

TM30 color quality

TM30 details

All TM30 color samples Rf values

CIE 244 2017 (Rf = 93)

s762.jpg
    800 x 434 - 32K
    s763.jpg
    800 x 412 - 54K