Personal View site logo
November 3rd
  • 35 Replies sorted by
  • To me is a super35 (not fullframe 'cause i think 60p to be not a good choice in this format) 4k, i-frame, 11.5 latitude, 60p, 4:4:4 10 bit only by sdi or hdmi, red/dslr like formfactor, antialialising filter. I don't know if it'll be global shuttered but i don't think so. 8.999 euros
  • VK crashes both the parties with Ptool 4, provides 1080 60p, clean hdmi 4:2:2, iDyanmic hack, and spanning fix for all high bite rates on a $800 body camera. Now that would be cool lol
  • my bet is on a more expensive non-DSLR pro camera. I feel there's maybe a 50/50 chance it will be more than 1080p. If it is this pro cam, all the standard crap up to 60p for sure, intra codec, 10bit, and all the XLR etc. goodies that come with a non-DSLR form factor. As far as anything full frame, it seems unlikely that anything but a DSLR will get that treatment, but that's just my 2c.

For all of those actually able to afford whatever Canon throws out, I hope this is a really great camera whatever it is. For me, I can't afford any of their stuff.
  • COUNTERPOINT:

I think the bigger day is 1 year later Nov 3rd in 2012... when the reality settles in that these are nice tools but don't define your limitless vision or creativity.

Let me explain. I think maybe the most important thing to come out tomorrow is NOT resolution or Depth of Field or framerates or sensor size or dynamic range or 3D...
    but INSTEAD maybe about what compression methods:
    10bit broadcast CODEC in 4:2:2 Colorspace, RAW or non-RAW uncompressed

I think we are now on an annual train of never ending camera body feature increases in the aforementioned list, so if you choose to own, you're 1 year away from becoming "obsolete" to the minds of many spec chasers.

After all the claims, the shootouts, the benchmarks, the tons of test videos, 1 year later when the reality settles in and we see in the end they are all useable tools and AFFORDABLE to rent or own, it will become about the Artists again?

Of course a day celebrating Artists doesn't sell gear, but I guess we have 364 other days to think about that...
  • Canon will humble Red.
  • @fatpig

You can dig into our News aggregator to find out.
    To be short - Canon want to announce something in Hollywood, Red also plan to make some announcment.
  • Canon will release the 5D Mark 3. 1080p 60. GOP1 (like Driftwood). Better audio support. Much advanced autofocus during video. Very high clean ISOs using the Digit 5+ 2 processors. Clean HDMI-SDI output 10-bit. Plus 2 new video lenses. But won't be available until February.
  • Personally, I thinking Canon is going to announce a full frame interchangeable lens video solution that has the image quality of a 5dm2 utilizing a full frame sensor, better ailising/less moire with 4:2:2 color space. It will be Full HD not 4k though...though it will have 1080p60..... It will also have the video features we love like built in ND filters and XLR inputs and it will be priced at around $8500 body only. I think Canon is smart enough to make a non-DSLR that can use its glass and they have proven with XF305 for example that they understand the color space importance as well as the importance of 60p.

Red however is going issue a release date for the Scarlet of 2082 and it will cost a mere $80000000, which wont be allot in 2082 for a 3k camera!
  • I dont get it... can you post a link to hint what you're talking about?
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions