Personal View site logo
CAME-TV Boltzen B-30 and F-55w small led fresnels
  • 37 Replies sorted by
  • Thats all good version 2 will be great. Cant wait ;)

• On the 30 watt version from the video was no grease at all and the Bowens adapter was Not bend at all.

• Light output is great, unit is tiny, so versatility is great, though hugely lacking in build quality unfortunately - though at this price, that should be no surprise.

I agree here. Front metal part is good. But plastic rear is cheap feel and not so good design.

One more note, mine came coated in machine grease

One thing I am curious is who got any idea to put grease in light. All our test lights are free from it.

• I was thinking about perhaps modifying the Bracket with Arri Rosettes to keep things in place. It's just an idea for now but maybe someone can look into that or suggest it to CAME-TV.

• I recently bought the 55w version. Light ouput is great, unit is tiny, so versatility is great, though hugely lacking in build quality unfortunately - though at this price, that should be no surprise. Picked up the Bowens adapter, which was badly bent out of shape when receiving from CameTV, so I spent some time reshaping it. Attached it, and even with just the adapter, no light modifier yet attached, the light has some trouble staying put. Most of the weight of the light light is forward of the yoke. Even if you do make a counterweight so that you can attach a softbox (even something light like a square 2' x 2') the front focusing mechanism / light barrel will start to bend forward and looks like it could crack easily, as it's moslty plastic. Iam currently in the process of designing/fabricating a basic bracket that the light attaches to with a seperate mount for modifier. For now I am using this in combination with a reflector to soften the output.

One more note, mine came coated in machine grease, and even after a good wipe down, the first few times I adjusted focus, the grease/oil would work it's way out from between the sliding pieces (focusing barrel) and would make a mess over fresnel lens and rubber gasket. After a bit of use and cleaning, there appears to be no more grease coming out, but the light, and the case it came in still stink like a machine shop.

• Looks good. Can be my next light.

• Our initial overview video

Sorry for some delays.

Next coming lab reports with spectrum and thermal measurements and some more thermal photos.

• PV Lab report, Part 1, AC Consumption

30W Fresnel AC consumption

34.1 Watt at maximum setting
    7.2 Watt at minimum setting

Power Factor - 0.55

55W Fresnel AC consumption

51,3 Watt at maximum setting
    11,2 Watt at minimum setting
    Power factor - 0.55

Note - fresnels normally are rated by actual maximum DC consumption. AC consumption also includes losses in AC-DC power brick and losses in driver circuit.

• PV Lab photos, Thermal photo of Boltzen Fresnel

• @Pechente

Has anybody received one of these yet?

PV got this lights for test. Must post initial overview video soon.

All objective detailed tests will be posted later.

For now can say that they do not flicker (I mean not visual opinion, but measurements).

I do not like much current 55w construction as they made it from 30w light and cut the heatsink.

• Looks like a really good LED fresnel light. Has anybody received one of these yet?