Personal View site logo
problem with FZ300, ghosting or I don't know what it is
  • Guys I got my new FZ300 and in the video mode I see something like this :

This ''ghosting'' is just terrible and iso at 400 is terrible also... Thx Daniel

• 5 Replies sorted by
  • It is echo. But I don't know why, is there some like fx setting or something n that camera, sorry for the possibly stupid question since you must have gone through all the menus 5 times.

• You need to think about physics about moving pictures. You get the same moving your camera too fast when doing a panning view. Picture frequency also matters. 50 is better 25 pictures/sec. At least it is what I guess.

bjarne

• I also have an fz300 and am experiencing terrible/unusable ghosting and it is not from camera movement being to fast. I can wave my hand in front of a black surface slowly and clearly see awful ghosting in 4k. It's worse as you raise the ISO. SS makes no difference. I had hoped after the last firmware update that it would be fixed.

Anyone else still experiencing this? Any fixes? Settings?

Honestly, I'm super disappointed in this camera's IQ anyway and will likely sell it and replace with a G7/8 which I should have bought in the first place. That damned motorized zoom lens... it got me! Admittedly, for a 1080p run and gun cam it's great.

RJB

• I think it is the 3D noise reduction what makes this ghosting. Try adjusting the NR -5. It may help but I think there is some NR going even at -5.

• It is most likely strong temporal noise reduction effects. Happens on the Sony A series as well, especially noticeable on the a6000/6300.