Personal View site logo
Capitalism: Tesla and restrictions
  • As you may know Tesla supply some of their cars with software restricted batteries, to be more precise build in charge controller does not allow to charge battery normally, cutting charge at certain point. Company ask few thousands dollars for software unlock.

This is how capitalism works in reality. Company look for profit only (making only one battery is cheaper) and not for common good of users.

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • No different to how camera companies operate, as we know well.

• Until the other company comes with battery and no restrictions-they can do it. We don't have to wait for too long I hope... Ever since the test drive few weeks ago, I want this car (and so does 400.000 other people who aparently already preordered it) However its out of my budget and things like these make me do a reality check and keep my head sober. So I will just wait for evolution cycle to fully turn. then I will start thinking seriously about buying it! Car should not be a luxury item...

• Car should not be a luxury item...

Better that they are I think.

• You can't raise the level of consciousness and awarness through restrictions. Eventualy it fires back. Educating them is the only way.