Personal View site logo
Samsung NX1, $1300 4K flagman
  • 1157 Replies sorted by
  • Understood, what I was trying to say it, I doubt we'd ever see one either way.

• If a company purchased the NX1 tech, I doubt they'd release the product we'd call the NX2 with out serious price hike, or they'd cripple it. Cant have the nx tech submitting their flagship sales.

Again, no second Samsung exist. It is huge company. So, no one will make you NX2.

• If a company purchased the NX1 tech, I doubt they'd release the product we'd call the NX2 with out serious price hike, or they'd cripple it. Cant have the nx tech submitting their flagship sales.

Remember the Nikon rumor, I wouldn't buy a D500, after owning an NX1, and would definitely purchase the upgrade to the NX1, if it ever came to be.

• I hope they sell their technology that will make great use of it and bring out more amazing cameras with it.

Their technology is tied to their production facilities. So, I think no one will buy it.

Most probably reason that NX1 become victim is horrible panic they had after not so good smartphones sales.

NX2 with 200Mbit 10Bit HEVC 4k60fps and 6k30fps could be amazing.

• It is shocking how Samsung just gave up on the NX1. I hope they sell their technology that will make great use of it and bring out more amazing cameras with it.

• It's a shame that Samsung pulled the rug out.

It is capitalism (c)

• The more I use this camera, the more I realize that you dudes were right. It's a great camera. Better than my GH4 and A7s ever were. It's a shame that Samsung pulled the rug out.

• Well, it seems that they stopped all department a while ago.

As I said, it seems like fight for domination in managers pool. First they set goals such specific people and departments can not meet them and after this chop of heads.

At least this is normal practice in corporations.

• I noticed that the Smart Manager Inst App is no longer available in the Android market so I guess they finally pulled it. Sucks. Glad I downloaded it when it was still out there. It's problematic but it does work.

• I wonder if the difference in sharpness between NX1 and URSA Mini 4K which was shown is due to sharpening in camera vs in post? He didn't mention those aspects in the YT video.

• This corporate soul-searching would make an interesting documentary.

• Samsung Electronics, the world's largest maker of phones, memory chips and television sets, plans to revamp its authoritarian, top-down corporate culture to become more like a lean startup as it copes with sluggish demand and growing competition.

Last year, 26,000 Samsung employees participated in online debates, pitching in ideas on how to reform its personnel system.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/122c7c8880214cdb9029a68706830ac3/samsung-reform-authoritarian-culture-act-startup

This shines more light on why we see unpredictable behavior lately.

• Been playing around with the Smart Camera Manager for Remote Viewing and while it's super helpful for solo filming, I've noticed a few bugs with it. The biggest one seems to be that it keeps switching to Auto even though you have the Camera set to Manual. So, if you hit Record right away without switching back to Manual, you're not going to have the right footage. It also looks like it doesn't transfer some of the camera settings such as ISO and shutter. This app kinda sucks compared to the Panasonic Image App. Anyone know of an alternative?

• Ive been eyeing that lens, but yeah, the price currently is a turn-off. I dont think it'll ever go low enough for me to buy, I just don't see a lens of that quality getting marked down more than 40 percent any time soon.

• It seems that hacks for higher Bitrates will be available soon on dpreview.

• A6300 vs NX1 vs G7 - Detail Comparison

Samsung and NX1 :-)

img291.jpg
    446 x 442 - 43K
  • Why are you pointing me to the NX300 thread? Different camera.

it is not NX300 camera thread, I also already changed topic title from just NX to specific cameras.

PV always had any hack related things in separate topics.

• I know it's not for public use yet, but the camera has been hacked by someone to get the higher bitrate and they have saved the file. It's not a public hack yet, but it has been hacked. Why are you pointing me to the NX300 thread? Different camera.

• http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/57457273

Bitrate has been hacked on NX500, same method should work on NX1. Hopefully a usable hack should be available soon :)

• Anything additional with this camera is fantastic as the camera was already pretty solid.