Personal View site logo
G7 gets darker when hitting record - Legal range like in GH2?
  • Hi there,

I have the G7 since a few days and something bothers me a bit. I hope this wasn't asked before because I googled for quite some time and couldn't find anything; maybe I used wrong keywords?

Just as with my GH2, when I hit record the image gets darker - also the Histogram changes, just like the GH2 did. Now from my understanding, that was a legal range thing with the GH2; it always bothered me a bit that when I framed my cam and got the setup, I didn't saw what I recorded after all, because of this "bug". Now the G7 has this nice feature to let me choose if I want to record 0-255 or 16-255 (which seems not to change the actual data beeing recorded when I may trust the internet), but even setting it to full range it still changes.

Is it still the legal range-thing from the GH2, and is there some way around it?

Best, Rick

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • Asking this is G7 topic is better idea

• Ah I wasn't sure. I decided for a new topic - sometimes you can't get it right huh :( I will try again there, thanks Vitaliy. Please delete this topic if it isn't cool