Personal View site logo
Fix for colour shift?
  • When I last used a Panasonic camera (the G6), it had a colour shift problem, i.e. when you hit record, the colour changes so it is different to what it is before you record. The GH2 and GH3 both had the same problem.

My question is, has this been fixed now or is it still an issue?

• 7 Replies sorted by
  • I have this issue in my GH2 as usually. Don't know how to fix it, but I noticed something: trying to shoot in full auto mode (iA), the issue disappears. So, probably the reason is something in the correlation between ISO, WB, SS, etc.

• @AlecR

Just search here for "color shift", and you find lot of info

• I don't see any fixes though? All I see is what I've said. I'm looking for a fix.

• It is the way sensor works and processing works. Simple fix is to use record mode for all settings, hit stop and use hit record again. Use simple script to sort out files.

• So this is a problem on all Panasonic DSLRs?

What camera would you recommend for a cheap price as I was looking at the GH2 because it's relatively cheap now with a kit lens.

• Panasonic does not make DSLRs :-)

GH2 is fine camera, but some problems you read about are greatly exaggerated.

• @AlecR

I've had a GH3 for a couple years now. I always shoot video out of the Video mode, using a fairly flattened setup (but not all -5's), using the "main" shutter button to start recording. I've always custom white-balanced, and for the last few months most of the time I've a monitor going also.

I've never had this issue. My color on 'setup' is what I see after the recording starts ... just my experience.

Neil