Personal View site logo
SLR MAGIC-RANGEFINDER CINE Adapter
  • 34 Replies sorted by
  • Will this mean the look of the bokeh be different from the taking lens?

• So two optical elements.

• It's a variable diopter, presumably from zero power (infinity which you focus your system to), down to 3ft approximately by the looks of it. It's not a terribly complex thing, not with good modern glass anyway.

• I'm still somewhat confused as to how this actually works. Is there a large optical element ? Would it potentially cause extra optical issues, quality loss, sharpness issues etc?

• There should only be breathing if the diopter system has breathing.

Right! It they can pull off an adapter that gives you the best parts of a CINE lens on any lens that should be pretty slick. The down side would be having the lens gears no the front of the lens, might not play nice with matte boxes ect ...

• There should only be breathing if the diopter system has breathing.

• Ah yes a variable diopter makes sense, and yes I clearly meant focus by wire ;)

I wonder how this adapter might affect lens breathing as well? Should be interesting to watch as the tests come in.

• This is likely a variable diopter system, like the Anamorphic Shop FM lens. These systems seem to be becoming more common.

• From what I understand about focusable anamorphic adapters, moving the adapter forwards or backwards relative to the camera (and moving or focusing the taking lens) is not a replacement for focusing the anamorphic adapter. http://www.eoshd.com/comments/topic/2659-turn-dual-focus-into-single-focus/

The SLR Magic Anamorphot adatper is a special case because it requires little or no focusing of the adapter.

P.s., I think you mean focus by wire. Because a lens is not an airplane. :)