Personal View site logo
sell my GH2, or my GH3?
  • I kind of NEED to get a GH4, but have to sell either my GH2 or GH3. I just love what can be done with the GH2, but the GH3 does seem to have the edge - anyone got some advice? Help me try to make up my mind :-)

• 7 Replies sorted by
  • Your not going to get much for the GH2...but even though it does have plusses hacked, overall I think the GH 3 is the more useful camera.

• Sell the GH3. You'll get more money for it, and the hacked GH2 has better image quality. I own a GH4, and I often regret selling my GH2. It would make a great B-cam. Only reason I'd go with a GH3 instead of a GH2 as a B-cam for the GH4, is if I needed weather-sealing.

• I sold my GH2 and bought a GH3, sold the GH3 and bought a GH4 and have now bought a GH2 again just cos i still prefer Moon T7 on the GH2 to the GH4! I never think of the GH3. If you've got the 4 you've kind of got the 3 plus, what do you want from the 3 you haven't got in the 4 that would make it worth keeping, GH2 out on it's own.

• Also the 2 is really easy to balance on a nebula lite!

• The GH2 is one of those once-in-a-lifetime products. Don't let it get away.

• Sell the GH3, get some decent money back from it. Keep the GH2, I did =)

• Man! There's still a lot love for the GH2. Personally, I never loved the camera much hacked or not.

I should really put this in the market place, but if anyone is interested, I have a Gini GH2 cage in mint condition for sale.