Personal View site logo
new stock footage portal
  • Interesting business model for stock footage at video blocks

http://www.videoblocks.com/

Main point is that you need to be a subscriber ($99/year) but you keep 100% of sales. Footage is supposed to be cheaper than say Getty but in theory you would still earn more (Getty is 25-30% of sales going to shooter).

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • You keep 100% but it sounds like the prices are really low. If I have to sell 10-20 clips here to equal one sale at pond5 or shutterstock, why bother?

• Yeah, seems like better value for buyers (IF you already have a Videoblocks sub) as for example a clip of Old Man of Storr rock formation costs $49 on VB (clip looks better) and $215 - $4075 on Getty, and at 30% that is $64.50 - $1435-ish for the seller.

• It's nice to have another outlet for finding/selling stock footage and I actually prefer the cheaper models. I use videohive primarily and even though the clips sell for far less than getty or shutterstock, there's a lot more people willing to pay $10 for a clip than $300. It's hard to stand out on getty unless you have access to amazing locations and expensive equipment.