Personal View site logo
1Password
  • I really like this service to manage all passwords. It supports all major desktop browsers through plugin installation. Install a mobile app to access sites securely or copy and paste password on other apps.

Visit https://agilebits.com/onepassword and see introduction video.

20% off coupon code is "MacPowerUsers".

If you buy a ton of gears online from many sites, it can help you secure all your passwords. Basically you wouldn't know your own passwords :)

• 6 Replies sorted by
  • One of the first rule you must follow - do not use any of common password managers.

This things can be biggest secure hole making huge damage.

• I concur with you. Yes there are pros and cons. It's not 100% bullet proof, but I realized I myself has become the biggest risk on my passwords all over sites. Most of techie people I know have recommended the tool.

• It's not 100% bullet proof, but I realized I myself has become the biggest risk on my passwords all over sites. Most of techie people I know have recommended the tool.

Most of the people are quite stupid, like recommending cloud services for private storage and backup :-)

Please understand - it is enough to make proper malware and add it to one of the packages selling in the dark parts of the Internet and you will instantly provide ALL of your passwords to all sites.

What to use - get any $30 Android smartphone, install it in to crandle, do not install SIM and turn off all wireless connections, install any simple local password manager (without any integration with anything).

All that you risk here is the keyboard hooks / screenshots via malware, but it will be only sites you visited and they will also work with your password manager (if they know about it), just will get all the stored passwords at once.

Managers working via Bluetooth and USB keys are also risky as they have temporary access to whole database.

• Thanks for feedback. I'd had done it if I didn't need to "support" wifey.

• I'd had done it if I didn't need to "support" wifey.

What you mean?

• I meant sharing same accounts with a spouse.