Personal View site logo
best way to sell gear? ebay?
  • I'm about to put a mint gh2 up for sale. I was thinking of advertising on places like pv and dvx. Was thinking i might get $350. But this morning i saw a gh2 body go for $470 on ebay! So is ebay really the best place to get top dollar?

• 5 Replies sorted by
  • You will have a better chance of actually selling it on ebay.. but after ebay & paypal fees, and shipping, you'll probably end up with closer to $400 anyway. Try selling for $400 on forums first.

• Ebay will get you the largest audience. But there's a reason people call it Fee-bay. Between the ebay fees and all the other little things that pop up, it's hard to make any money on there.

And ebay always grossly underestimates the shipping charges, so OVERestimate it when you fill the thing out.

• yeah what everybody said.. i'm always looking around on ebay so I'm sure others do the same. Just determine how much you're willing ot sell it for, and don't be afraid to relist it more than a few times if you want to get a particular price, but keep in mind that it's a relief to get your item sold

• Kingmixer, I've found this too about ebay re shipping. It's so annoying. Why do they even bother? It complicates the sale.