Personal View site logo
Post production sound
  • 39 Replies sorted by
  • I'm all ears Space!!! =)

• Yes but would be good to keep it in the affordable realm, accessible to indie film makers and small live event capture.

• Please share your wealth of knowledge as I am eager to learn ;-)

• This is a great topic that I frequently discuss with my local filmmaker circle... First off... Garbage in, garbage out. You're not going to get great post production audio if you didn't capture great production audio. Most of the local films I've seen haven't really put the production effort in... audio is typically an after thought. From there, knowing basic EQ and Compression techniques (no need for fancy plugins... the built in stuff can get the job done)... you're 99% of the way to a professional sounding audio mix for your film.

I absolutely endorse you sharing your knowledge Spacewig! It's imperative that filmmakers understand audio.

• Nice idea.. count me in, thanks :)

• Yes! Sound is my weakness. I would be happy to know what it takes to do a great sound mix.

• Count me in.

• Me too, I'm old, but still learning every day!

• @spacewig Great idea - I'm very interested. Much appreciated - thank you.

• I'm interested in discussing multiple channel sound production for Digital Cinema Packages (DCP). That said, it would be good to cover basic workflow, effects for dialogue (Limiting, Equalization), and multi-track setup for the final product.

• I'm always looking to improve so please share. Thanks in advance for your time and thanks also to the c#nt that motivated you. :)

• I´m, also, very interested. I think the community will be, as well. Please, do it.

• Me too, I've appreciated some of your comments on this subject in the past.

• I'd be very much interested

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions