Personal View site logo
RJ Lens Turbo m43 adapters
  • 782 Replies sorted by
  • @monks19 Good work. Thanks.

• @monks19

If you will go back in THIS topic you'll find same thing about adjustment, without references.

Thing that people told you is that optical adapter affect parfocal behavior.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

Pentax PKA - will this come with a tripod collar in the future?

Thanks,

John

• Sorry if the answer to this question is obvious to everyone else :) I'm just not clear on whether the RJ Lens Turbos with the new tripod collar can be had with the aperture control for Nikon G Series lenses?

I too am interested in a Sigma 18-35 f1.8 setup and a tripod mount would be really nice for handling this lens. Also, my nice (but HEAVY) Nikon ED AF Nikkor 80-200 f2.8D I just picked up REALLY needs a tripod mount (but doesn't need the aperture control, obviously). If I could get one speed booster/lens turbo that could control the aperture and offer a tripod mount, that would be fantastic.

• Any news on Minolta SRT? And is there a chance to get one for Konica AR Mount?

• I am interested too in Konica AR Mount @hellrazor . The cheap and common 40mm would be a 28mm f1.2 killer with the 0,72 adapter ;) I strongly believe that if it would be released, many people will preorder it! ;)

• @AlbertZ I plan to get my Konica AR Lenses converted to FD. FD seems more common...

• @hellrazor How do you plan to have your Konica AR lenses converted to FD mount?

• @Shaveblog I heard that people did this conversion in "former" times. Searching for a lens doctor who can do this for me. I will also preliminary check if it can be done reversible because I like my T3n...

• @Tjabo I have the same doubt. Not sure if trying this RJ with tripod collar for the 18-35 sigma or just go for the metabones speedbooster

• @imaginario Are you also thinking that it is necessary to choose between aperture control ring OR tripod mount on the RJ lens turbo? I am having trouble understanding what the options are from the information provided here... Thanks!

• I am having trouble understanding what the options are from the information provided here...

Open first page of topic. Period. All adapter with tripod collars have it in description.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Thank You! :)
    So I guess I was seeing it correctly, the choice for Nikon lenses to M43 is either aperture control (covering F/G series lenses) or with tripod mount and no aperture control (F series lenses only)...
    Good to know -- thanks again!

• @Shaveblog I did some measurements and it looks like the RJ FD can be modded to fit a Konica mount. A reversible mod will be needed on the lenses.

• Sounds too ghetto for my blood. I just got the RJ FD booster and the last thing I'd do to it would be mess around anywhere near the glass element. I'm also leery of "reversible" lens mods that are only reversible in theory, never in reality. How many DIY declicked lenses (because you NEED continuously variable aperture for backyard cat YouTubes) are sitting on shelves in pieces, gathering dust?

The thing is, there's "works" and then there's "works". It's like the C-mount kids, never giving up on the dream of cheap plentiful fast wide glass for m43. Yeah, it kinda sorta works, as in, there's an image on the sensor alright and it's recognizable. But no infinity focus and it's blurry on the right side of the frame because the physical alignment of the lens is off because the adapter needed to be adapted and the only adapter on hand to adapt the adapter was a Dremel but hey it "works". Pieces of haphazardly shoved felt between a small lens mount and a large camera yaw do not "work". They suck on an axis.

I just don't see the point of "investing in a lens mount" and then trying to shoehorn the rest of your setup to fit that mount. If you really must stick with your Konicas, ask RJ to make a Konica AR booster. Or get a few FDs and his his FD booster. Cross-adapting different mounts introduces new room for misalignment and suboptimal image, which kind of defeats the purpose of spending serious money on a lens booster in the first place.

• Having looked into this, i assume neither RJ nor metabones will produce it if they want to keep their big booster Glas. Parts of Konica ar will collide with the Glas if not removed. If it "works for me" its enough.

• Well, good luck. If you do get the RJ FD booster, be careful, there's not a lot of room for dicking around, it's a pretty compact, tightly packed piece of kit. Do yourself a favor though and pick up a cheap FD 24mm f2.8 while you're at it. I predict you'll be so gassed by the combo you'll stop worrying about how to shoehorn different lens mounts together.

• Sorry in advance for another (probably) dumb question: Am I understanding the information on Page 1 and Page 16 correctly that there is no FD version with a tripod mount yet? I think it's correct, but there was some room to interpret the information differently I guess...

Thanks!

• that there is no FD version with a tripod mount yet

You are correct, it is without tripod mount.

• Ok, thanks! :)

• Just a reminder re the purpose/use of an aperture ring: one response came from @kurth on 10 Feb (page 9 of this thread):

@MarcioK well, maybe I live in a limited world but I've never seen an fd adapter with aperture control, nor can I even fathom a guess why you'd want one. Nor can I find one with a little googling. I see some fd to eos with focus confirmation. All fd lenses have an aperture ring . The nikon G to m43 focal reducer adapters have one 'cause alot of nikon g lenses don't have aperture rings and must be set in camera. The eos/m43 focal reducer adapter doesn't, so you'd either have to use a nd, or change the eos lens aperture on an eos camera. I'm sure RJ had a reason why they couldn't do the same on eos.

Maybe someone could come up with fstop inserts like lensbabies ?

I personally wish RJ had made the eos/m43 just like the nikon g....but they didn't ask me. Are you sure you're not thinking of "eos" to m43 or nex lens adapters having aperture control ? There's alot of eos to m43 adapters with control. I've seen a hundred of those. And I'm still tryin' to understand your "function" explanation. I think you mean "fully close" because you'd normally open the lens wide open, and adjust the aperture on the adapter

FWIW

• @Tjabo I received the new RJ Speedbooster for Nikon F with tripod mount option from p-v deals.

It's actually a Nikon G/F Adapter with Aperture Control Ring.

RJ_Speedbooster_NikG.jpg
    909 x 1143 - 558K
  • The aperture control on the RJ FD-m43 Speedbooster is a very good thing, as it gives any FD/FL lens clickless continuously variable aperture. You close your lens up all the way (f16, f22, etc.) and let the RJ control aperture. Smooth, stepless aperture from wide open to closed down. It's like getting your lenses declicked for free. And the smoothness of the aperture control on the RJ is even smoother and nicer to work with than the one on my "dumb" FD adapter I bought from RJ a few years ago.

• @Shavedog

Didn't we go thru this once before ? That ring locking mechanism you're using as an aperture control is the secondary locking mechanism which exists on all fd adapters. Yes it does control the iris but...one...the throw is way too short to actually know what fstop you're using ...and two...your adapter is not properly locked to the lens. All dumb fd adapters have this secondary locking mechanism so the lens is firmly locked to the adapter .

http://www.ticoneva.com/journal/?p=813

see #3

• @kurth You sound like you don't own the RJ speedbooster and don't have much experience with different adapters except for the one you have. Some like my Cieco7 adapters are solid 1-piece construction without an open/close ring, others have the control, some are short throw like my "dumb" RJ FD adapter, others like the RJ Speedbooster allow for aperture control just as long throw as you'd get from the lens's own ring. It's a pleasure to use and works just as nicely as a declicked lens.