Personal View site logo
GH4 4K Panasonic video camera, official topic
  • 3230 Replies sorted by
  • @mpgxsvcd

For further discussion make topic about GH4 cards.

• @lunalobo75. Your assumption is correct. 200 mb/s all-I is a VBR and the bitrate changes with the detail in the scene.

• @Zaven13 Thanks a ton! It's what I thought. Lovely camera thus far. Sigh, time to retire my ole' Gh2. I just hope Adobe get the Gh4 RW2 update soon - the bundled Silkpix program is wretched.

• @x_worpig_x My local Henry's called me today on my to work to inform me the GH4 has arrived in store. I'll be checking it out tomorrow. Thank you for posting the BJ photo link. I'll be showing the Henry's salesperson your invoice & attempt to request a price match. Cheers!

• @Sunscreen No problem. I've had nothing but bad experience with Henry's which is one of the reasons I deal elsewhere. Good luck!

• Just got my GH4 delivered from amazon today, can't wait to go home and play with it :D

• Perhaps someone with more knowledge than me could answer this question. It has been on my mind since I heard the GH4 was a "world camera". As the GH4 is switchable from PAL to NTSC, if Panasonic brings out a firmware update, would it be possible to install a US or non EU version on an EU GH4 and remove the 30 minute recording limit?

• if Panasonic brings out a firmware update, would it be possible to install a US or non EU version on an EU GH4 and remove the 30 minute recording limit?

No. Firmware is the same.

• Out of curiosity for those more in the know.. Several folks have brought up LOG profile as something Panasonic is lacking. Was this question raised when Driftwood was talking to Panasonic?

• My dad got the GH4 from Bj Photo in Waterlo,ON on Tuesday. First time visiting the store but he said they were nice and helpful and like @x_worpig_x said, you can't beat that price! $1750 CAD including Lightroom 5 and Steadepod.

• Does anyone have a Ninja2 and a GH4? Trying to record internally to 4K to the card, and use the Ninja2 to a) Be used as a viewfinder and b) Record the 1080p feed as backup. Alas the Ninja2 only seems to get a signal in AVCHD mode, switch to MOV/MP4 - can't see to pickup a signal.

• @Bernie from memory i think region info was set on the board during assembly on older models. some cases where people got their boards replaced for whatever reason and got wrong region settings to what they originally had

• @thetrickster You can't record simultaneously to the SD card and an external devise on the GH4. It's one or the other.

• @maddog15. That only applies to the 10bit 4:2:2 option. You can do both with 8bit 4:2:0. It should work just like the GH3.

• My UPS guy just dropped my GH4 off so I now have the battery on charge. Here is a photo with Voigtländer Nokton 25mm f/0.95 and Rode Stereo VideoMic. I also just purchased the Seiki 39" 4K UHD TV to play in 4K mode. https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5225/13888364330_cc7277cd87_k.jpg

• @Vitaliy,@Mrfanny, Thanks for the information,

• It's in and itching to go outside. :)

cam.jpg
    587 x 667 - 41K
  • @thetrickster hmmm strange, Ive tested the Ninja 1 and it works fine. Im currently testing the Convergent Designs Odyssey 7Q and its fine with 1080p. They need a compatible hdmi v2 I think for 4K - however, hopefully the SDI works with YAGH...

• @johnnymossville, looks good man. What that's eyecup you have on it?

• I CANT BELIVE THE LEVEL OF SHIT VIDEOS PANASONIC USE TO CHOOSE!!!! WHY!!!!!!!!!!???? the fisrt short film must be this bad Lol. Sorry for the Director this its not personal.

They just cant have a proper choice for cinematographer, is this lack of taste?, bad managing, lack of talent, same music allways....damnit. Shit video dont show real potential for this camera.

• That is amazingly lame. LOL

• Nothing says "4K" Quite like 720p.

• I know! I can't believe they didn't upload at least 1080. Image and colors look good though. I think this is the first 10-bit video I've seen.