Personal View site logo
DaVinci Resolve 10
  • 177 Replies sorted by
  • Hmm I don't think you have to export the entire timeline to get audio UNLESS You have music under the footage that you're trying to get out.

If you have audio attached to the clip (as in it was recorded that way) then you should be able to export it with audio.

If it's something that you were syncing and you XML'd in, then yeah, you actually have to export it as a single clip. However, you can set your in and out points in the delivery page and still export a single clip, so you just export a section of it.

Try that.

• No music yet. I'm just bringing in raw DNGs and lining them up with their corresponding WAV files in the Edit tab. Then I'm setting color temperature, as well as making tweaks to exposure as needed, and exporting the whole thing as ProRes 4444 to edit as normal in Premiere. This would be a great workflow if only I could get the audio to work without exporting the whole timeline (or setting in and out points before and after each clip and running them out one by one).

• I think that I've figured it out (and in the manual, of all places!). It turns out that you can't sync audio in the Edit tab and export single clips. You have to batch synchronize timecode in the Media Pool. It's on page 122 of the manual: http://software.blackmagicdesign.com/DaVinciResolve/Manual/DaVinci_Resolve_Colorist_Reference_Manual_Nov_2013.pdf

• Released DaVinci Resolve 10.1.2 for Mac, Windows and Linux OS:

• The Blackmagic Production Camera 4K Film to Rec709 LUT
    • Support for simultaneous video I/O for Resolve Live, when using Desktop Video 10 with a single DeckLink or Ultrastudio
    • Support for SLog3, SGamut3 and SGamut3Cine for Sony Raw
    • Support for Sony SLog3 to Rec709 1D LUT
    • Support for Sony SLog3-SGamut3Cine to Rec709 3D LUT
  • To those who observed the bug with temporal OFX filters like Neatvideo in the last version, like stuttering frames or frames from the wrong place in renders:

Has this been fixed?

• I asked Vlad the day before yesterday and he said that they still need to run some test.

• I have a problem with Davinci 10.1 the retail version. Often times I get flashing frames of the original mixed with my color graded footage. Sometimes if I restart and run Davinci alone without any other programs in the background, it will not happen. It's either memory bandwith (16 gigs) or the Cuda card not being fast enough. This did not happen with v.10 Davinci Resolve 10 Lite. Anyone know?

• I have created a powergrade that simulates Adobe Lightroom's "Clarity" and "Vibrance" tools. Its not perfect, but it is very close. Here's the first version, I will update the powergrade if I find a way to improve it. When you append the node graph, it gets a little sloppy, but its managable.

Separate nodes at bottom for:

• Saturation
    • Vibrance (adjust saturation slider)
    • Clarity (adjust output gain in key area)

Get it here: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=84027486602946538525

(** Ignore the attached file **)

CLARITY_VIBRANCE_v1.jpg
  • @joethepro This is very helpful - thanks, man.

• @lunalobo75 You are welcome, did you try it out? What do you think of it?

• EDIT: A better clarity version will be released soon. I realized some mistakes, and the coming version will actually be a true local contrast adjustment.
  • Im happy to finally release version 2 of the clarity and vibrance simulation powergrade. I did some research and discovered that Lightroom's vibrance did more than I initially thought, so I replicated its behavior as best I could In Resolve. I also adjusted the clarity simulation to be a more simple solution which still works fairly well.

• Just finished a Lightroom Shadows and Highlights simulation powergrade. Of course working with H.264, the results wont be nearly as good, but it helps especially in the shadows.

• I haven't been following this thread, so if it's been mentioned before, sorry! But I just made a tutorial for Mac users trying to export XML to Resolve.

http://jonpais.wordpress.com/2014/03/22/how-to-import-xml-files-into-resolve-without-crashes/

• Has anyone tried using ACES as a means for monitoring broadcast on a computer (sRGB) monitor? Would it be possible to use the ACES "LUT"-thingies as as a sort of calibration? (i.e. Set the monitor and OS to sRGB and use ACES in an output display mode of broadcast to sRGB?)

• @B3Guy ACES LUT's are designed to convert between colour spaces, not really what you need. On a Mac you can calibrate the display gamma to be 2.35 for EBU spec. In my experience no computer monitor will be perfectly accurate. Nothing beats an external calibrated monitor.

• Hi. I just started learning of Resolve from the beginning. I spent hours to figure out how to make viewer show OUTPUT of the WHOLE NODE TREE ("PROGRAM"), since resolve shows output of selected node as default in viewer window. I was very frustrated but accidentally selected VIEW-> HIGHLIGHT. This apparently does the trick, and shows PROGRAM FEED on the VIEWER WINDOW.

The BIG QUESTION remains : WHY IS IT CALLED "HIGHLIGHT" ?

• Could some one confirm that new lite version support mts files yet?

• @tinbeo, have look here: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve/compare you'll find this info: NEW : Decoding of Panasonic MTS video Great news isn't it ?

• @Celullo That page is for Resolve 11. This topic is about 10.

• @ tonalt, sorry, i was thinking that tinbeo was taking about Resolve 11 (he said: the new lite version). Changes are are coming in the new version, anyway MTS files are not supported on Resolve 10.

• @blackspot It's called 'highlight' because it is the setting that shows the highlighting of selected colours when using the eyedropper for selective colour grading.

• After two days of trying-out, I still don't know how to fool with the user interface. To me the interface is not working right with Retina macbook Pro 2013. This problems has not been solved, looking on google. It might just me with Retinal late 2013 -;) ? Has someone in PV had user interface ( windows screen size ) with Retina Macbook Pro?