Personal View site logo
RJ Lens Turbo m43 adapters
  • 782 Replies sorted by
  • ICProductions - Hmmmm, that center focus issue is discouraging. Your Umphrey's MeGee shots look good, though.

• Will there be a BMPCC Version of the Lens Turbo?

I do not know for now, may be. It is just useful to understand that whole BMPCC sales are much smaller than sales even of single m43 or E mount cameras.

• Will there be a BMPCC Version of the Lens Turbo?

I do not know for now, may be. It is just useful to understand that whole BMPCC sales are much smaller than sales even of single m43 or E mount cameras.

• Will there be a BMPCC Version of the Lens Turbo? Would be great to have an alternative for the expensive metabones bmpcc speedbooster...

• With a small sensor you'll loose resolution to diffraction anyway. If the blue dot is only seen after f11, it's kind of a non-issue to me!

• Here is a piece i'm working on using a G6 with a RJ speed booster (notice the blue dot?) and samyang VDSLR lenses and a Takumar smc 50mm. I plan to get the samyang 35mm asap to replace the Tak because I have intense gold color shift :/ (almost corrected in this wip render)

Overall the RJ has great sharpness but if you use it at f14-f22 you will likely have this blue dot issue. Use ND's when possible to keep the aperture open!

• Wides are most critical for flange distance, but it could also be that your Tokina is a bit off in itself – they have quite some sample variation. But with all the adapters you use I'd check flange distance first.

• Ok - I saw a post saying adjusting the back focus/optical block is possible, but no actual directions on how to do it. Also - my other lens seemed to be just fine - should i be concerned that after adjusting for the tokina - those would not work?

• Here are actual still showing the issue with the Tokina 11-16mm, all wide open. Pretty bad if you ask me! Is there a back focus? Or is this adapter faulty? Or is this normal? Even at 14mm, it's not usable...

First picture is @ 11mm - focus is at .3m/1.0ft Second is @ 11mm - focus is at Infinity Third is @ 14mm - Focus at .3/1.0 Fourth is @14mm - focus at Infinity

GH3-Tokina-RJ Test (3 of 4).jpg
    1220 x 820 - 1M
    GH3-Tokina-RJ Test (4 of 4).jpg
    1220 x 820 - 613K
    GH3-Tokina-RJ Test (1 of 4).jpg
    1220 x 820 - 1M
    GH3-Tokina-RJ Test (2 of 4).jpg
    1220 x 820 - 613K
  • Ok! So I've had my RJ-EF for a week and a half and have shot alot of photos ( 3 or four concerts worth) I've had great success with my Tamron 24-70 f2.8, Vintage Nikon 50mm 1.4 and Vintage Pentax 135mm f2.8 (i'm in love with the lens now! ) on both my GH3 and GH2. I decided on the EF mount, as I have a bunch of nikon glass, and am using Nikon f/g to EF adapters. I've attached a few shots!

I'm having problems with focusing though, with my recently purchased Tokina 11-16 f2.8. The lens works great with my standard Nikon to m4/3 adapter, but when on the RJ at 11mm, the center is SUPER soft, with the edges sharp - AT ONE FOOT ( it seems that the focus scale is flipped now for some reason?) When I focus to Inifinty on the scale everything is out of focus! This all stops when I zoom in to 14mm (minus the backwards focus scale).

Please! Anyone have any insight on this? Could it be the cheapo Nikon to Ef Adapter? What - if any - is the next best Nikon (g) to EF adapter to the novoflex?

Umphrey's - Crystal Ballroom - 3-7-2014 - SET 1 (13 of 28).jpg
    1220 x 820 - 710K
    Umphrey's - Crystal Ballroom - 3-7-2014 - SET 1 (12 of 28).jpg
    820 x 1220 - 725K
    Shafty-3-5-2014-QUICK (1 of 3).jpg
    1220 x 820 - 808K
  • Tha is correct, you don't see those lenses often, only on marketplace or ebay. But i have a handfull of these, would be nice to turn my 50mm 1.8 carl zeiss planar to a 1.2, never seen before on these. :)

• Rollei QBM mount to M43 RJ speedbooster adapter in the pipeline?

Something tells me that it is very rare mount :-)

• Hi Guys, i have a new question here.

I like to know if there will be a Rollei QBM mount to M43 RJ speedbooster adapter in the pipeline?

It would be awesome to see some of the rollei/carl zeiss lenses shine again with more speed.

• @ehr I'd like to know as well.

• I ordered the 14th of Feb and it came in Mar 3. Got some shots and they will be up soon!

• Just ordered a RJ passive Canon EF (EOS) adapter. I am thinking about using one of these for the adapter: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Metal-Tripod-Collar-Mount-Ring-A-W-for-Canon-EF-70-200mm-f-4L-IS-USM-Lens-/150813887331?pt=US_Lens_Adapters_Mounts_Tubes&hash=item231d354b63

They are available in different diameters. Does anybody know the diameter of the RJ Ef adapter?

thanks.

• Thanks a lot Vitaliy :) !!

• If I buy a Lens Turbo "Pentax K lens to Fujifilm XF", exist a "Fujifilm XF to M43 adapter" ? And if exist, it is possible ? Sorry for bad english...

You can do something like it. If you go slightly back you'll see discussion about using multiple adapters and minuses associated with it.

• Hi everybody and sorry for dumb question. I would like to use Pentax K lens with "Lens turbo" and my GH2. I know that for now there is not a model for this combination. If I buy a Lens Turbo "Pentax K lens to Fujifilm XF", exist a "Fujifilm XF to M43 adapter" ? And if exist, it is possible ? Sorry for bad english...

• @Aksel Thanks! Can't wait to get mine!

• I'm pointing at light sources all the time.

• The last point is the only one I don't want to avoid at times…

• @red_pilll, these things can help which together can make it a non-issue for most:

1) lens hood

2) shoot at a wider aperture

3) don't point it at light sources

• @kin869 I ordered mine on Fab/12 & I got it Mar/3

• For those who ordered, how long did it take for the adapter to arrive?