Personal View site logo
RJ Lens Turbo m43 adapters
  • 782 Replies sorted by
  • Oh good to know! Thanks Vitaliy! I will attempt a cleaning tonight. Either way the product is a hit as far as I'm concerned! I shot some video of myself performing an acoustic set at a bar in my town as well as shot some photos of the opening band and will post them tomorrow hopefully!

• @tylerknight

If you check posts above, adapter has two groups of lenses, so they can be screwed out and cleaned without trouble .

• Just received my FD -M4/3 RJ Lens Turbo and I was pretty impressed! The build quality is nothing to rave about but for $139.00 USD it does what it is supposed to!

My copy has a substantial amount of dust between the lenses unfortunately and when I contacted RJ, they suggested I pay to ship it back or take it apart and clean myself ( not great customer service )

As far as performance goes, the Lens Turbo goes above and beyond what I expected. The sharpness doesn't seem to drop off as much as I was told around the edges and the centre is tack sharp.

I have used it with both my 50mm f1.4 and 24mm f2.8 and they perform equally well when compared with and without adapter.

It is so nice to have the option to get closer to the true focal length of the lenses, but I have realized since getting it that I kind of liked the fact that a 50mm is closer t a 100mm lens at 1.4 on my GH3 it gives such an intimate feel on my videos that it may take some getting used to what a 50mm lens SHOULD look like!

I will be posting some tests with and without the lens as soon as I get some spare time.

Overall, I recommend buying the adapter to see what it can do for you.

Hopefully you get a copy that has no internal dust!

• Don't know if this review was already posted here:

• @Adam_Mercier that's exactly what i mean, keep Canon EF, Nikon F and Canon FD glass, mount all of them on FD->m43 adapter since both FD and F have higher flange distance.

Nonetheless, i don't quite see many adapters to use Canon EF glass or Nikon F glass on FD.

• @CFreak "That's a clear sign it will make minimum focus farther away".. so, if I understand, minimum focal distance become shorter using RJ adapter? for example, if I use a 50mm lens that can focus at 0,40m, using this adapter (or speedbooster) I will able to focus at a closer distance?

• Unfortunately, FD does not adapt to eos without an additional optical element to compensate the flange distance so you can't mount FD glass on the eos RJ but the other way around may be possible...

• @Adam_Mercier I guess one could also choose FD->M43 as a base and use EF->FD and F->FD adapters, although i must admit i don't see on Ebay any adapters "to FD", only from "FD" lens to Nikon/Canon/etc...

• @CFreak Many people choose to have EF mount lens for their set, even if they only have manual lenses. EF seems pretty future proof to me. Great (if not best) selection of glass and compatible with most pro cams or mirorless options. With manual lenses a dumb EF mount is great :) A meaningless sample test with the RJ booster, filmed with a G6 :

• @CFreak - I don't :-) I've got a piece of folded paper jammed in the lever mechanism to force the aperture wide open. This will work for controlled environment settings but not recommended for run-n-gun unless you carry a vari-ND and only want shallow DOF. Also, the Samyang 85 1.4 is beautiful with the booster.

• @pchristoph "These guys beat Metabones to the punch for creating the dumb EF mount we all wanted " out of curiosity, how do you change the iris / control exposure while using it?

• "I'm at infinity when I have the indication on 3m though." That's a clear sign it will make minimum focus farther away. Does anyone know if the Metabones SB does this too?

• Didn't tested tbh. On my Tokina, I'm at infinity when I have the indication on 3m though. But could also be my lens, was repaired once.

• Just a silly question...Metabones/RJ etc.. adapters does influence the minimum focus distance of a lens?

• @Adam_Mercier The 35mm T1.5 performs well with the Lens Turbo, yet wide-open it's not too well. However, at f/2 it's as fast as w/o Lens Turbo and actually performing better (except for the far edges) :)

• Received my EF booster from RJ and initial tests indicate it works well with my Samyang 85mm & Tamron 17-50mm(Pentax mount). Bit of vignetting on the Tamron but I believe it's perhaps a flaw in the lens that the booster simply reveals when transforming to APS-H size sensor on GH2. These guys beat Metabones to the punch for creating the dumb EF mount we all wanted - and from what I can tell its a good buy. Might have to get another one.

• I want to get either samyang 24t1.5 or 35t1.5 down the line! Not cheap but so fast! Really fast with the booster!

• @Adam_Mercier , I'm wanting to get the Nikon 35mm f/1.8, which would be even more useable as a "standard lens" with the Lens Turbo :-D

• The Tak 50 1.4 with the booster becomes a aprox 70mm lens

• No, with the 50 wide open or 2.8 (I don't remember) the G6 gets quite good in lowligth with the RJ ;) and with a 1.4 crop the 50mms actually are usable as a standard lens!

• @Adam_Mercier Was that tunnel shot done with the Samyang 14mm?

• Some samples, frame grabs, EF RJ speed booster, panasonic G6, Takumar 50 f1.4 and samyang 14t3.1 The blue flare issue is not too disturbing for me, but I see how it could be an issue for some shooters!

00033.MTS.Image fixe001.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 636K
    00033.MTS.Image fixe003.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 515K
    00033.MTS.Image fixe004.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 516K
    00033.MTS.Image fixe002.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 607K
  • @RKM

I used...

-Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8, Nikon G with EF Adapter -Olympus OM 50mm f/1.8 with EF Adapter -Canon FD 55mm f/1.2 converted to EF mount -various M42 Lenses with EF Adapter

...all on the EF-MFT Lens Turbo. And had not a single problem (even with Infinity on the Tokina) so far.

• Hi

I have a questions. Adjusting options for the optics makes me wonder if the adapter is the only difference between these mount versions. I have many MF lenses (M42,F/GNikon) adapted to Canon EF and then to MFT. How much chance do I have that the canon EF version fits all and it's just about the flange distance and mount shape? Maybe someone with 2 different adapters can say something about that. Maybe line op the mft mount and try to focus on a text if that works.

• @gameb I want to get some christmas lights this evening, having a copy of the 40-2 at home. Might be interesting how that one can perform on MFT :)