Personal View site logo
Sennheiser HD-598 copy for $22
  • 20 Replies sorted by
  • So cool. And so cheap. Need to try it out.

• It is not unlikely that this picture on the aliexpress is the pic of the original Senheiser, and the ones they sell for 25$ are different. Check out what they say below on their ordering page:

We usually sell our products without the retailing package, please note it before buying. If you need the original package, please pay for the extra part for the package !! Headphones and boxes are original LOGO, if you need we can send the original picture
    LOGO - S / E / N / N / H / E / I / S / E / Alphabet Synthesis

And the reviews seem hoaxed. Someone should order one and see if my super detective skills are right :P

• It is not unlikely that this picture on the aliexpress is the pic of the original Senheiser, and the ones they sell for 25$ are different.

If you check carefully, most pictures are not of original senns.

We usually sell our products without the retailing package,

They tell you that if you need senn box , ask and pay additional :-)

And the reviews seem hoaxed.

What you mean here? They have >180 orders for quite a time. Believe my aliexpress experience, if something had been bad they won't get money (this is how aliexpress works).

• Yeah, I know how aliexpress works, I have ordered more than 20 different items from there and I'm mostly very satisfied. Just wanted to point out that this is most likely not the picture of the product they sell. Which, yes, happens often with replicas.

• Just wanted to point out that this is most likely not the picture of the product they sell. Which, yes, happens often with replicas.

If you check photos, you'll see that original senns have difference from photos (in fact they are present in item page). I also sure that if it had ANY big difference they'll have issues with so much orders. And they have none.

• (in fact they are present in item page)

So this is probably it. I now see that amongst all the pictures of original there is one picture of actual item they sell.

Original and replica:

811839311_276-1.jpg
    679 x 551 - 70K
    811852979_711.jpg
    752 x 497 - 56K
  • Really doubt the sound quality is as good.

• @inqb8tr

You can always contact seller and ask more actual photos :-)

• Really doubt the sound quality is as good.

You mean originals Senns are so worse? :-)

• Thanks Vitaliy~I'm going to order a pair.

• Would you guys says these are good for ediitng and monitoring audio in field, or are these more suited to listening to music?

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

Well my experience of fakes is that they can be great for the price but not as good as the original. Maybe these ones are different.

• Well my experience of fakes is that they can be great for the price but not as good as the original

Of course it must be not so good as Senns. :-) But we'll see.

• They charge shipping for my country. I don't have the pot odds to buy them now.

• OK. So since shipping was free and I had purchased from this company before I gave it a shot. Let's just say I'm glad I didn't buy two pairs! The box and the headphones have Sennheiser all over them, but even though I don't have an actual pair of 598's to compare these to, I can say with certainty that they are similar in looks only. The sound has OK bass but it rolls off at about 12k and they are quite muddy in the midrange and what I call "honky". They sound very similar to a pair of stock iphone earbuds. I'm a production sound mixer and swear by my sony 7506's, for which these imitations are no competition. The link above is not working anymore, so I assume they got shut down by the Sennheiser. Worth $25 ?? Meh... Maybe to give to a director or producer that freaks out at every little noise on set, but not for me to use.
    I suggest not buying these headphones off ebay anytime soon, especially for a really good deal.

• @yeehaanow

The sound has OK bass but it rolls off at about 12k and they are quite muddy in the midrange and what I call "honky". I'm a production sound mixer.

Huh, you must be able to make measurements than. As determination of 12k rolloff by ear is possible only for young guys and even them sometimes made errors :-)

sony 7506's

7506 is now copied even more :-) With sometimes even worse results. :-)

Any photos? :-)

• In my defense, I did say "ABOUT" 12k. :) I have testing my hearing an can consistently hear up to 18k and even beyond sometimes. I can easily hear the 15k sound an old tube television makes. I have make a living recording and mixing audio for the last 20 years and my estimation of a frequency is pretty good at this point. That being said, my review was not meant to be scientific but just my subjective opinions of what those phones sound like.

• Want to get ones. Are very good?