Personal View site logo
Play 2 videos in sync, for free
  • May be useful for someone :-)
    From VLC wiki • for mac and pc. I tested (till) 5 stable videos running on a mac

On mac, when adding the AppleScript command lines

on run do shell script "open -n /Applications/VLC.app" end run

on open theFiles repeat with theFile in theFiles do shell script "open -na /Applications/VLC.app " & quote & (POSIX path of theFile) & quote end repeat end open

be sure that the path to VLC.app is the correct one ;-)
    4 further comfort, place droplet in doc then just drop files
    gashô

PC users may also want to have a look at open source Kinovea
    If you do "test it" drop a line of feed, thanks

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • Some years ago I was looking at making a museum display in a theatre with two screens in a V-shape formation; each was to display the same vision but with a separate language subtitle track; that's all. The available means were prohibitively expensive SMPTE options. This would have helped.

[I'm still interested in the various ways of displaying multiple subtitle tracks, from perspex prisms in the seating as in operas, to spectacles. etc]

• Some years ago I was looking at making a museum display in a theatre with two screens in a V-shape formation; each was to display the same vision but with a separate language subtitle track; that's all. The available means were prohibitively expensive SMPTE options. This would have helped.

@goanna I totally understand, something similar also happened to me (also) some years ago. I had to sync 3 video projections in a theater show. All "pro" solutions were utter and unreachably expensive so we end up buying 3 DVD players and do the (cha cha chá) sync by hand = with the remote XD... and when one of them just did't pause on time and all got out of sync and I had to manually re-sync them individually before next chapter... this was priceless moments once all happened live, in the dark and I also was in charge of mixing the audio... ahhhh those shows where one minute were like 2000 seconds of pure, pristine, blessed stress, what a kick!!! ja aj ja aj

Would you point some example of that perspex prism you mentioned? Is it like projection mapping?

• Would you point some example of that perspex prism you mentioned? Is it like projection mapping?

This was to do with subtitles only; an option the client abandoned and for which I've lost the details. The system consists of a plate of perspex at the rear of the seat in front of the viewer. The viewer's selected subtitle language is emitted from an LED display through the very edge of the perspex; using the internal refractions the viewer receives a HUD (head up display) which is not viewable by other people. Like a HUD, this solution imposes less eye strain on the viewer than an LCD screen-based ones. But, as expected, it's the most expensive option.