Personal View site logo
Driftwood Cluster X series 3:│moon T7│ЅріzZ T6│Nebula T7│Drewnet T9│
  • 1811 Replies sorted by
  • How much recording time can you get on a 64GB using moon t7 at 1080p24?

• Been using Moon T7 for a short film this week. Had Sedna running up until then. All I can say is, it's like a new camera in a good way. the 720 60p stuff looks bloody amazing as well. May be my imagination but the shadow detail just seems to be so much more than before. Brilliant.

• @azza_act moon T7 if it were me :-)

• I have the choice of shooting with either the GH2 or GH3 this weekend with both the 12-35mm and the 35-100mm lens for a short film. Which camera would be the best to use? Would moon t7 be to sharp?

• Roger that! Thanks a lot for your input, @driftwood! I´ll keep my eyes peeled about the development of the future t8 and install t7 for now.

• @RRRR The matrices aren't too dissimilar so the low/hi freq luma range hardly changes between the two but there is much better spread of quantisation / bitrate over this range in moon T7 which should improve fidelity and artifacting further.

HBR is pretty good/similar in both settings however, improvements will be appearing in HBR/720 modes in a future moon release. Spizz T7 will probably appear first (since a lot of work has been ongoing in that setting) and the technology and ideas in that will go into moon T8.

• @driftwood

Currently looking into a possible switch for moon t7 (over t5, which I like very much) as t7 looks rather enticing though I struggle to find some clear notes on differences between the two. Maybe you can help?

For me, it´s not just a question of high end quality but also the possibility of switching to L, using 25p(HBR) e.t.c. if the circumstances require it.. So it would be nice to know a bit about stability reports and how it performs in lower quality too (mind, I only use 64gb sdxc sandisk cards), compared to t5.

The reason I want to look into this right now is because I´m going to create a few LUT´s to match gh2, bmd and fs700 footage (in resolve, premiere a.s.o) and so I don´t want to have to do it again. If you want I can share the results!

• @mityazabuben which setting are you using/ what type of sd card?

• Always hangs in HBR mode, when shooting a lot of motion. iDynamic on low, iRes off.

• @sleepy32 I think I have a Fotodiox fd to micro four thirds adapter.

• @Imaginate

Prob the wrong spot but I put all my spec in the hackintosh thread. Just built one a month or two ago for $1600. Best money spent and it blows through transcodes.

• @vicharris good to hear that, I'll probably get better results from the quadcore imacs. What is your computer?

• @HelloHicups What adapter to you use? Been having trouble finding a good one.

• @zsound I used Canon FD glass. A Vivitar 28mm f2.5 and a Canon 50mm f1.8

• @HelloHicups That's nice, what kind of lens did you have used?

• @Imaginate Holy crap!! Yeah man, you need a faster machine there. I transcode at about a gig a min. That's really slow :(

• @sleepy32 Thanks! and the Gh2 still amazes me everyday! Such a great camera!

• @HelloHicups , looks nice. One thing I've noticed with the GH2 is how well it works with natural light, and T7 is definitely a beast.

• Here is a teaser trailer for a short film shot entirely with Moon t7. Such amazing detail in this patch!! Used sete and a 32gb 45mb/s and had no problems whatsoever.

• @tinbeo a 1.8 gig file just took 16 mins , thats 8.8 mins per gig... 9.5 hours for 64 gb. (macbook pro 2.53 ghz w 8 megs ram ) Maybe need to find a faster machine for this transcoding. I'm just about to buy 5D2RGB batch.

• Wonder how long it took to transcode 64gb footages to 422HQ Prores?

• @Imaginate The grab looks great! I will have to agree with you on converting to Prores.

• For any other Premiere CC users out there I've found that Moon T7 was too high of bitrate for my 2.53 i5 macbook pro and 21.5" iMac (Late 2012) 2.7 GHz, both those machines choked trying to edit .MTS files. The Prores 422HQ transcodes looked great and gave no problem editing. Prores response is way more snappier. :) framegrab from Lost Wilderness feature. Just a couple more scenes to shoot and its wrapped.

sharper.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 602K
  • Thanks @thepalalias I'll give those a go if it happens again.

Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters