Personal View site logo
Affordable QR solution

Suitable for your tripod, monopod, rig, etc

Available in our deals.

• 9 Replies sorted by
  • Is it compatible with Manfrotto 501/577 plates? It looks like it might be.

• I'd be interested to hear from anybody who has used these? I'm thinking about getting three of them.

• I always look at these combos to check if the Release Plate (sprung, levered, bottom) and the camera plate (screw-in, top) are sold separately. Some are, some aren't.

Personally, I have one camera and move fast between several rigs. I need:

Item Tops Bottoms
    GH2 1 0
    Tripod A 0 1
    Tripod B 0 1
    Cowboy Rig 0 1
    Skater Dolly 0 1
    Stabiliser 0 1
    Monopod 0 1
    Car rig 0 1
    Shouldr Rig 1 1
    TOTALS 2 8

(Note: A whole shoulder rig can itself be mounted on a tripod to avoid taking the matte box off. This kind of rig has a camera plate at its bottom to attach to a tripod as well as a release plate on top to attach to the camera).

• I just looked at my plate of my 501HDV Head and it doesn't look like it will fit.

• It looks quite alike with manfrotto one, just the plate seems to be thicker/taller, so it may be compatible with manfrotto 501/577. Is there any picture of the bottom part of the chinese plate?

sP1030809.jpg
    1152 x 864 - 195K
  • @7hau Mate I hope this helps, and that you can see the threads ok. The usual 2 in the middle, but not sure about the 2 on the end which are the same, but smaller than 1/4 20. Certainly not buttery smooth, a couple of mm's between flush mount and the thread engaging. Good value for a handy base plate. cheers.

QR plate (1024x572).jpg
    1024 x 572 - 279K
  • thanks @Haberdasher can u take another picture for bottom of camera plate instead of the release plate? do u have manfrotto 501/577 to test with?

• Like this ?

P1120253 (1024x576).jpg
    1024 x 576 - 383K
  • thanks, the plate is quite different with manfrotto's 501 plate. but it might still works, just need to test the compatibility....

Photo02.jpg
    1022 x 766 - 55K