Personal View site logo
Meetup: Austin, Personal View meeting
  • Hi y'all, I'd be happy to take on organizing this meetup. I figured I'd start by putting the word out there and see who all is in town. I don't have a day job and am super flexible with time and place of the meetup, so I'd like to work around everyone else's needs. Looking forward to meeting everyone in person finally.

• 19 Replies sorted by
  • I'm in Austin.

• I frequently travel to Austin, so it works for me.

• Im in for Austin.

• Im in as well.

• I'm in. It's Maury BTW.

• Awesome, great to see so much response already. How does the weekend of June 21st work for everyone?

• June 21st is good.

• Well that sounds fine with me... anyone else want to weigh in? Morning/afternoon/evening? Alternative dates? I'm south central, but happy to meet anywhere. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

• June and July are bad for me between work and vacations this year. But could do it in the future. I'm in Dallas, but could make it down to Austin.

• It will likely be that there is no time that everyone can make, but maybe if there is interest, we could do a somewhat regular meetup every so often. What about everyone else, does next Friday work for y'all?

• Friday is good. Has anyone chosen a venue?

• June is bad for me but I could meet in July.

• July is fine with me if that's better for people. I'll be out of town the first two weeks, likely, but the second half of the month is wide open.

• June 21st works for me, have we decided on a time and place?

• We haven't yet. How does 7pm at Lustre Pearl on Rainey sound? Can I get a head count of who all is interested/available still? And if you are not, when would be a good time to hold the Round 2 meetup?

• Is anyone going tomorrow? Do we want to reschedule for a future date?

• It doesn't seem like a lot of people responded, maybe we should reschedule?

• Agreed, let's pick somewhere maybe a month down the road. The weekend of July 19th or the following both work well for me.

• @BobbyMcDonald

Let me know if someone is interested in organizing winter meetup.