Personal View site logo
Meetup: London
  • Topic for everyone coming to the London meet to know who's coming and work out a date that works. Can you state your interest and any weeks that you're unable to meet and see if we can find the bit in the middle of the venn diagram!

• 98 Replies sorted by
  • @belfryman

I suggest to be more initiative proposing some inital data and place, and also collect interested people nicks from general topic.

• Which kind of meetup were you thinking about? Something like a beer at the pub, a BBQ (yum!) or a more structured meeting?

• I'm good for June, out for July.

• @plegilink @driftwood @dgf @fatpig @stefanos @FilmCat @haavard @andyharris @iliezubascu @kino and at anyone else I've not added! Was thinking barbie in our garden in Richmond as per the other thread. Good bit of space and could screen footage anyone wanted to share, but happy to beer in town if not good for peeps. Could be any night for me except weds. I go away beginning of July so we're looking like June, only a bit left, would weekends be better? I can do 14th, 15th or 16th at the weekend.

• @belfyman --- I'm good for those ..

• Is the content of this meet up going to be v technical? I'd love to see other GH2 work and learn more about the hacks....i'm an experienced producer but GH2 newbie.. Also I have a mate with a pub on Farringdon Road (Betsey Trotwood - v central) with a big old room that he rents out (£50 ish) ... May be good central spot??

• @andyharris I'm good for June, out for July.

Any dates suit me.

• I'd prefer a BBQ and thank you very much for offering this, I'm really looking forward to being there but I am however taking my final A-levels between the 14th and the 22nd. If there is any chance the dates could be moved back I would really appreciate it however, no worries if it is better for everyone like this. I can't do the 27th either but otherwise I'm open.

As for my opinion, on the day id be happy just getting to know the PV members but a more technical theme would be equally interesting. I'd also love to see screenings of other peoples work. I'm particularly interested in networking and hopefully being able to offer my skills and time with anyones film projects over the summer as I have three months before uni. Any advice for my projects would also be great too.

As for getting there I'm sure most people won't have transport problems but a lift is available from me from the Watford area.

• Won't be able to make 14,15,16 - wedding I have to attend. Sorry guys. Later on is ok.

• I'm free 17-20/06 and most of July is good

• Count me in for a July meeting! Not sure of my dates in Londontown yet, but would be happy to meet up and share what we talked about in some other PV city meetings as well as see footage and talk about anything else under the sun.

• A BBQ would be fantastic, can't beat those blue flames dancing on charcoal. Any weekend would be great and many thanks for the offer.

• Sounds a bit like July works for most people but not for Andy? I can do sun 14th July, so shall we have hands for 14th July and sat 29th June and see which works for the majority, probably impossible to find one date for all, but we could do more than one meet.

• @belfryman so shall we have hands for 14th July and sat 29th June and see which works for the majority

Either of those dates is ok for me.

• I'll be in Sweden after the 9th of July so 29th is the only date for me :)

• And there was I thinking the London meet would be at the Dog n Duck piercing the heart of drunken Soho :)

• @soundgh2 Was in drunken soho being drunk last night! Happy to meet anywhere. Got a feeling we'll be back to winter by 29th anyway. We just need to nail something down as everyone has slightly different location/dates and we may end up with nothing if we don't lock something. I know cos my career is based on that principle - don't do one thing cos it means you can't do another so don't do anything!

• I probably fell over you outside DeLaneLea lol - hell all film freelance sound work was brokered in the Crown And Two of an afternoon :) Harry Potter was literally crewed there hehe

• @soundgh2 You don't know how many times I've tried to explain networking to my wife, just tricky when you can't form a sentence!

• BBQ (braai as we ex-South Africans say) on 14 July would be my preferred option at Belfrymans. Be great if peeps bought some of their kit so others could see/try. I have a GH3 with some Edelkrone stuff & Blackbird Stabilizer for example. Should have a Canon XA25 by then too.

• @plegilink I wonder if @driftwood could give us all a lesson! I just sold my blackbird, lovely ting but I have no patience. If I see you using it really well that will make me curse selling it! So bring it along! Can everyone vote for 29th or 14th and I will book it in.

• Hi all, Just my 2 cents, But since @driftwood has been one of the major player in this forum content, it would be good if he could be around. @driftwood any chance for you to give us your availability? Happy with any date for my part... @andyharris, I'll pick you. if @belfryman offer stands I think it would be most enjoyable to BBQ that's if winter has not returned by then :)

• I'm casting a vote for the 14th.

• @anthonybert Absolutely, we are pretty bloody lucky driftwood is london! He said he's good after 16th June.