Personal View site logo
EXQUISITE CORPSE - a collaborative video proposal
  • 116 Replies sorted by
  • literally (allow me josh):

jpturbo
    [...] It's kind of fun having to do everything in camera. Technical info(not that it matters where art is concerned), GH2 Slipstream hack 24p, B&W Smooth all at -2 PK mount Underground 28mm f2.8 with a thread in adapter to run some 60mm Marumi SL filters, in particular a blue and an orange vignette filter for the in camera vignette, No magic bullet here :) [...]

maxr
    [...] the sun is rising here, another day, new projects and adventures... the info is always welcome... for credits, BTS and stuff... hmm I think I'll tease our fellow personal viewers with it, we all like a bit of "engineering gibberish", ja ja ja [...]

so those are the love whispers hidden behind the curtains... and more

STATUS OF CORPSE
    we have a finger, a nail a some eyelashes

• I should have said it was Slipstream #3 but I was trying to hurry and go to bed.

Including THE GH3 MATRIX ON ALL REC MODES;- 1080p24H 150Mbps GOP1 (moon style)

:)

• What a cool idea. I'll participate if there's any remaining dates for contributions.

• I am travelling until end of June, so I can do a July date if there is one

• frankestein... what franlenstein?!!! frankestein is gonna look like a pussy next to this... my god... this corpse... this creature... who would be courageous enough to look at his the face and say my son...??? ja ja ja ja ja

happening!!! ball is in Dusan territory

have a nice weekend, while you can... the shame, the horror... the drama ja ja ja

• IMPORTANT

If right now your life's too complicated, if you're stuck with work, if if if... it is better to say it before it's your turn and then WE can work it out by trying to find replacement and re-cueing you to a better time. so you don't stress or feel bad and nobodie's gets tangled up, ok? please remember this is just a game, so let's play it and ENJOY!!!

ball's in caleb yard

greetings from this mad, sardine smelling lisbon preparing to party hard: santo antonio

• UPDATE: left nipple stiched to corpse :D

ball's on @michal 's yard

all good - m

• UPDATE: we've got some fluids :P

ball's on @eatstoomuchjam fridge

gashô

• Great! craziest video is going on!

• I would go July 7th if its still open. Very pleased to see the cadavre alive and well...

• last night I couldn't sleep, eatstoomuchjam screams were disturbing ji ji ji
    while Chris is decorating the cabin and rehersal guttural groans the young blood of mr weimar would be soon sacrifice to this many fathers creature from the averno... oh gods please be patient!!!
    are there no intrepid girls in this region of the forum? we need some yin energy and love, lots of love!!!

gashô

PS
    Ric, was it to you I lent the flame-thrower?

• flame thrower sounds good. I will elect the use of sigils and pray that the chaos will echo its way into the unsuspecting minds of the merry... (see G.Morrison)

• I'm in for June 28th :D

• IMPORTANT

Each participant will have 3 days to make a new shot, we're not recycling footage… is a question of experimentation process and flow ;)
    IF failing deadline or any of the below rules, I'll go on with next in list… nothing personal but pragmatism.

my dear co-guests of this mental hospital, I don't have net mobile access, so each 3 days I have to make sure I am "connected" to be able to deal the video exchange. I do this (as many other things) with utmost pleasure and dedication - don't laugh motherfucker!!! - I also get the extra of being the only one seeing this "thing" we're giving birth to :)
    till now relation with all participants has been impeccable, I'm sure it'll go on this way for the long journey we still have before us.

deadlines have been getting increasingly loose. I know I said this is a game and it is; meant to enjoy and share, BUT, limitations/rules are necessary (our friends even) in order to ALL SHARE SAME CONDITIONS in a peace and respectful manner. YOU HAVE 3 DAYS for a 1-5 sec clip. Things "should" not be done at last minute 'cause may be unexpected issues: net connection, card reading, terrorist attack, heart attack, kid loosing teeth and so on. I decided to specify in the rule above, a max of 1 hour over the deadline. After that I'll unmercifully jump to next in list, ok?

That said, I must tell our corpse is full of... motion :D
    I feel confident in this enterprise, specially now that Weimar agreed on providing the ayaguasca and Kevin has recruited a bunch of crazy dancing bloodsucking women; so that you can choose one thing or another.

be creative, have a look at what surrealists were up to, enjoy life and kiss your wife

gashô

PS svart's the ball, the ball's svart

• yeeks, I've severed the internet wires from my head for a week (been offline) and the corpse has turned itself over. I've got my cam, will capture a few surplus b&w snippets for the bulging body in case some dissection holes should form. my curiosity is peaking...

• ALIGNMENT

1. MirrorMan ----------------- deadline ------ May the 29th, 20h (GMT) ----- DONNE
    2. maxr (that's me mum) -------- deadline ------ 1st of June, 20h (GMT) ----- DONNE
    3. jpbturbo ------------------- deadline ------ 4th of June, 20h (GMT) ----- DONNE
    4. jazzroy -------------------- deadline ------ 7th of June, 20h (GMT) ----- DONNE
    5. inqb8tr -------------------- deadline ------ 10th of June, 20h (GMT) ---- ERROR
    6. Django -------------------- deadline ------ 13th of June, 20h (GMT) ---- DONNE
    7. michal -------------------- deadline ------ 16th of June, 20h (GMT) ---- DONNE
    8. eatstoomuchjam ------------ deadline ------ 19th of June, 20h (GMT) ---- DONNE
    9. svart --------------------- deadline ------ 22nd of June, 20h (GMT) ---- DONNE
    10. spacewig ------------------ deadline ------ 25th of June, 20h (GMT) ---- DONNE
    11. Alienhead ----------------- deadline ------ 28th of June, 20h (GMT) ---- GJ 667C plate?
    12. kevin_kirchman ------------ deadline ------- 1st of July, 20h (GMT) ---- changing his name
    13. haavard ------------------- deadline ------ 4th of July, 20h (GMT)
    14. weimar -------------------- deadline ------- 7th of July, 20h (GMT)
    15. your name here ------------ deadline ------- 10th of July, 20h (GMT)
    16. your name here ------------ deadline ------- 13th of July, 20h (GMT)
      and so on

UPDATE

svart is from josh promotion, the both delivered earlier and must say I never seen a testicle cut with such clean professionalism, ja ja ja... I wonder if this corpse will turn hermaphrodite... those are the tasty beasts

ball's in @spacewig snarl

may the forGe be with you

• I was born with 3 testicles. 150% more man than the rest. I've sacrificed one for the corpse and now I'm just like the mortals.

• @svart - ja ja aj aaaa jaaa

after dear svart profound gest of altruism (is there such thing?) I thought I've seen it all, but eis senão quando we get into space... oh man, I don't want to spoil anything, but it has to be no coincidence they just discover a dynamically-packed planetary system around GJ 667C with three super-Earths in its habitable zone... I guess @Alienhead may be literally that :D

you're doing great job guys, thanks

ball is outer space with Alienhead

gashô

• Max,

Do you have a predetermined time to complete the project or are you basing that on length of assembled film, number of participants, etc?

Just curious when we get to take a bite of the collaborative cake.

• @maxr

May be it is good idea to show some things with good delay.

• I understand that participating in something... 99% of times demands proof. real altruism is indeed very rare.
    that said, with love, to my eyes this corpse has yet started to gain some... soul, needs to grow quite a bit yet

@spacewig as WE hit the dozen I was thinking in showing people who already participated how it looks... I guess that if I post here the video defeats the purpose of the game as it reveals the corpse to possible new players, so probably I'll go with a private video or a downloadable link

@Vitaliy_Kiselev you are funny, I don't understand half the things you write, but I get the energy you put on it and more or less a possible meaning. where you want the delay, on the things, on time? let me call my scientist cousin, alfredoooo!!!

Alfredo - it is really quite difficult to measure how long this life form will need to be fully self-sufficient; but with less than 5 secs each participant and 1 fail each ten... I would empirically say around 50 clips (4min and a bit) or so. Alienhead makes number 10, is 3 days each... that makes 132 more days (with possible fails accounted) to complete something worth of being shown the wolrd

if people not happy, either become terrorists or give back good ideas :D
    there could be several corpses' projects going on, time could be limited to 1hr, ja ja ja
    and so on

all good
    max

PS
    BTW is our project, the title says EXQUISITE CORPSE - a collaborative video proposal
    I'm doing the dealer part 'cause someone has to be on top of things (read take care/host/MC), but if someone wants it very bad, I'll happily exchange and assume other role, same pro-active : )

• @maxr I want to make it very clear that I was just asking what your thoughts were about when you felt the video would be completed out of personal curiosity. It doesn't bother me if this takes another 4 months and I certainly didn't ask to put pressure on you to wrap things up quickly - take the time you need to do it right and don't compromise your vision. I don't think you should show anything before the project is completed, it defeats the purpose. More important, as the captain of this project, is that you comment and encourage and pique everyone's interest with your perspective on what's been done so far and what's to come, much as you have already. Enthusiasm goes a long way and can be infectious...

If you have trouble finding 50 collaborators perhaps you can recycle some participants, i.e. I'd be more than happy to contribute again :) and I suspect I'm not alone. Maybe those who participate a second time could be given a slight increase in clip length, i.e. 6 -7 seconds.

Anyhow, these are merely suggestions. I'm happy just waiting for this eclectic beast to plop out of its global womb.

• the end of July seems realistic, no?

I like the idea of nobody seeing it until it is "finished". even though I contributed I don't mind to wait.