Personal View site logo
Panasonic Lumix GF6
  • 70 Replies sorted by
  • Sony style :)

Of course. Whole GF3 and GF5 idea was to copy Sony. Now they just came closer.

• Its NEX but SMALLER!!! ...oh, wait...

• Sony style :)

• Dude! You can shoot yourself with it!

P1020010-580-90.JPG
    580 x 326 - 46K
  • GX1 has been the best selling Lumix body

I have big doubts here.

• If the GF6 had the GH3 sensor it could definitely become an OMD killer. With the GX1 sensor it will just become another new camera that no one talks about 1 month from now.

• GX1 has been the best selling Lumix body

Did not know that. So, yeah they probably took a hint here and redesigned the GF with that in mind. I still want a compact "no-viewfinder video-oriented GH" whatever they would decide to call it.

• There is no way GF6 replacing GX1 that has a hotshoe, a separate thumb wheel, and a few more buttons. In fact GX1 has been the best selling Lumix body. But I didn't like SOOC JPEG color balance from GX1. RAW photos from GX1 was pretty good though. And GX1 was missing manual movie mode.

• "According to one of the sources that saw the new Panasonic GF6 the camera uses the same 16 Megapixel sensor from the GX1. He also told me that he had the impression the camera may replaces both, the Panasonic GF5 and the GX1 compact models. That because the size and body quality has been improved and sits right in between the GF5 and GX1."

Meh, GX1 is cheaper. Tilting screen is cool. That's about it. Same sensor res/fps limitations. The GX line should be a tiny body GH, not a GF with more buttons.

Source: http://www.43rumors.com/ft4-new-panasonic-gf6-replaces-both-the-gf5-and-gx1-with-16-megapixel-gx1-sensor/

• All of these improvements don’t come at a price premium, launching at £449 (around US$680 / AU$652) with the new 14-42mm kit lens. This is significantly cheaper than the £579 / US$749 / AU$849 asking price that the Panasonic GF5 launched with

• Your K-01? That looks nice.

Nope, it is wikipedia image. Mine is proper one - yellow.

Panasonic makes fugly strap lugs.

I suspect that GH3 lugs had been designed by not one, but saboteurs team. As i though that you can't make things worse from GH2, but they prove me wrong.

• Best looking GF yet.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Your K-01? That looks nice. I concur. Panasonic makes fugly strap lugs.

• I'd love to sell my NEX5n and get something like these if they can get ballpark with image quality.

• That is a really nice little camera. I suspect that the GF6 will sell better than any of the other GF cameras except for the GF1.

• I bet it has manual video controls but doesn't have 1080p @ 24 FPS.

• But the point is that Panasonic has decided to implement a dedicated movie mode. I'm not optimistic about 1080p24 mode support though.

You are wanting too much, this feature as well as Sony sensor are reserved for GF8 (GF7 will be GF6 in pink color)

• I still ask if some soboteur is designing lugs on Panasonic bodies.

This is how it must look like:

• Yes. All makers bundle kits and many users have only one kit zoom. No I don't need it since I have 14-140. But the point is that Panasonic has decided to implement a dedicated movie mode. I'm not optimistic about 1080p24 mode support though.

• Is that a new HD version of the 14-42mm lens. Just what we need. Another variation of that lens.