Personal View site logo
iFootage WildCat, small stabilizer

Check additional details and price.

Original WildCat

This is copy of Skier design. Not cheap.

Very good feedback.

• 30 Replies sorted by
  • This one looks amazing!

• Yes I want one, imagine this for run and gun documentary :-)

Any idea on pricing?

• Something around $540 (if you want ifootage brand exactly)

Hope we'll have same on deals on better terms.

• Wow the size is just phenomenal...it's too bad it's quite expensive. I recently got the Wieldy Carbon fiber and it's quite big compared to this Wild Cat.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev , hope you get deals for this one. I like it very much. Found this sample:

• Is it me or does this rock back and forth pretty bad? I felt kind of sick watching it. The guys over at Wonderland or however you spell it have much better demo videos IMO.

• Is it me or does this rock back and forth pretty bad? I felt kind of sick watching it. The guys over at Wonderland or however you spell it have much better demo videos IMO.

The actual floating is what makes most people feel ill not the slight amount of rolling. Ideally, steadyCam footage should be slow not fast, why people feel they have to run or shoot up-close subjects is anyone's guess. Most camera motion in film is slow, whether that be from sliders, jibs, dollies or steadyCams.

• @vicharris , I think this steadyCam is OK but as any of them it requires a bit of experience/practice to get desired results. :-)

• @feha I understand it takes practice but if you can't operate your own product properly and show a rough demo video, why show one at all? The guys over at Wonderland make great promo videos, why can't these guys get someone to come in and use it properly? That's what I meant. Trust me, I'm sure as soon as I get my Glidecam in my footage will look like a cruise liner listing left and right but I'm not selling a product. So far that video and product look no better than some youtube video I saw where a guy was using the wonderfully crafted Opteka Steady thing. :)
    Maybe it's just what @Rambo said. All the running around stuff instead of slow, controlled movements. I'd like to see some better, more controlled footage because it looks like it's built very well. I'd drop the fanny pack though ;)

• @vicharris , i understand :-) I like the construction and quality, hope we will have this on deals, I'm curios to test this one. I's very compact. You are right, the product demo video should show the full potential of this product. As they do it, makes one suspicious if it will work OK ...

• Aluminium version with slightly more simple legs design

steadicam2.jpg
    533 x 637 - 32K
    steadicam3.jpg
    793 x 513 - 44K
    steadicam1.jpg
    797 x 529 - 44K
  • One day they'll make a pink version. Then I'll get one.

• @feha

We have alu already available for good price on deals.

Soon we'll have carbon one. But it is far from cheap.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev , thank you very much for making it available for us on PV. (i might wait for carbon one ...)

• @feha

It'll must be available on tomorrow deals.

• Has anyone used this yet? I am quite intrigued.

• @Nayche , I have ordered one and waiting ... Will let you know ...

• I got my IFootage WildCat today :-) Excellent quality. Need to make some tests and right balancing ...

• @feha I look forward to your review. Please include test footage.

• @tinyrobot , yes, but i need some more free time ... This is nice piece of work, well build, however I'm not much expert of this kin stabilizer so if footage gets bouncing I's is my fault ...

ifootage.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 952K
  • VK, do you expect to have a deal on this again? This is looking like a great stabilizer for use with the BMD Pocket Cam.

edit - nevermind I'm an idiot, it's in CatchIt right now!

• Will make a video review when i have more time , here comes some images ...

WP1010118.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 25K
    WP1010125.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 20K
    WP1010129.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 20K
    WP1010134.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 24K
    WP1010138.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 20K
    WP1010140.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 17K
    WP1010142.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 50K
    WP1010147.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 59K
  • Feha, one question: how much you pay for import taxes? or the pack come from inside Europe (UK ?)?