Personal View site logo
Game For Japan - 24 Hour Game-a-thon (Charity Event)
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vk9C31TJkXQ

We are 3 guys that have been living in Japan for over 8 years. We were here during the earthquake and saw the effects of it. Some of us went up to help the recovery efforts in Ishinomaki.

The world's news outlets cover a tragedy like this and people help out but after a few months the coverage stops. The people of Ishinomaki still need your help! It is about 1.5 years later and the cleaning and restoration efforts continue.

http://gameforjapan.com/

Game for Japan is a 24 hour telethon to raise money and awareness for people still suffering from the effects of the horrific earthquake and tsunami that happened on March 11th, 2011.

We are linked with 石巻市復興を考える市民の会 a charity group out of Ishinomaki. The funds will be donated to them. http://www.ishinomaki311.org/

This event will start on:

December 26-27 at 3:00 PM (15:00) (JST)
    December 25-26 at 10:00 PM (22:00) (PST)
    December 25-26 at 11:00 PM (23:00) (MST)
    December 26-27 at 12:00 AM (00:00) (CST)
    December 26-27 at 1:00 AM (01:00) (EST)
    December 26-27 at 4:00 AM (04:00) (BRST)
    December 26-27 at 6:00 AM (06:00) (GMT)

There will be giveaways during the broadcast! These are the Steam games we will be giving away:

Amnesia Alan Wake Franchise Arkham City: Game Of The Year Edition Plants Vs. Zombies (2x) Rockstar Hit Collection (GTAIV, Episodes From Liberty City, LA Noire & Max Payne 3) The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition Borderlands 2 Dishonored Polish Bundle (Anomaly: Warzone Earth, Call of Juarez, Hard Reset: Extended Edition, Two Worlds II & Zombie Driver HD.)

(More games TBA)

We are working on some PS3 and XBOX Live codes as well. These codes will be for the USA or Japan stores only.

Don't forget to like the facebook page to stay updated for the schedule and giveaways!

http://www.facebook.com/GameForJapan

(@Vitaliy I hope it is ok to post this here. I consider this board a good place to come for my GH2. I kind of think of you guys like my extended family.)

This episode was shot on the GH2 using Vitaliy's hack and Driftwood's Apocalypse Now patch. I used Panasonic's 7-14mm f4.0 and 12-35mm f2.8 lenses.

• 6 Replies sorted by
  • @APXmusic

Do you think it is appropriate?

As for this charity, Japan goverment is printing piles and piles of yens.

• Creative idea Kev, thumbs up!

@Vitaliy_Kiselev He and people close to him take the effort to do something back for their host country, i think that's honorable behaviour for an expat. Heading there and doing work for people in temp. shelter and heading back again and telling their story, no matter what a government does or will do, people who help out by themselves is always a +1 in my book, japan may not be a third world country, but helping out can never be unappropriate if you handle it like this in my opinion.

• @vitaliy_kiselev That's kind of the point... That "piles and piles of yens" goes to fat, rich, overpaid old politicians and never gets distributed to those who need it. I am trying to circumvent that and give it directly to the people who need it.

• That "piles and piles of yens" goes to fat, rich, overpaid old politicians and never gets distributed to those who need it. I am trying to circumvent that and give it directly to the people who need it.

Hmm. Not much logic here. As in this case you need to track how this piles are going, show that they are not being going right and demand to change it. Especiall as I see you have $5000 target.

I just saw similar local "charities". This guys spent more money than they rised, sometimes proportion was 1 to 10.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev If I had the power to investigate the government, I would. I am just a foreigner from another country living in Japan, trying to do my part.

I have lived here in Japan for over eight years. I love this country and I want to help it. There is logic here. There is heart. I spent a lot of money getting this event together and I don't want anything in return.

"I just saw similar local "charities". This guys spent more money than they rised, sometimes proportion was 1 to 10."

I'm not Russian... I am from Canada.

And as for the $5000 goal that's a TINY amount of money compared to what that area needs to recover. We are at least trying to get clean water into a children's playground. Did you even watch the video? Don't judge me and throw me in with the rest of the garbage in your country that scams people in their "charities"

You don't know me.

I really don't see what you have to have such a negative attitude about this. I have never done anything wrong to you have I? And has Japan done something wrong to you? Personally?

"As for this charity, Japan goverment is printing piles and piles of yens."

You are a genius when it comes to hacking firmware but making that statement about Japan is absolutely and unequivocally ignorant...

I just want to help people. If you have a problem with helping people then delete this whole thread.

• You are a versatile person Kevin, The voice over you did for the Japanese speech was done very nicely. Good cause, and good luck to you and those involved.

Also kudo's for Dreamcast games !