Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Shutter Count Issue
  • I recently purchased a new Nikon D5300 and after checking the shutter count it already has 700 actuations..Would you consider this normal for a so-called new camera?I have barley shot anything with it yet..My issue is the thought of being sold a used or a floor model camera at a new price,do you think I should be concerned?

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • I think you could take it back and ask for what you paid for (a new camera) not one that someone took home or a floor model. 700 seems a bit excessive, but, I wouldn't know what's typical for testing at the factory. That's the real question here.

• @CFreak yea the 700 does sound a bit excessive,doing a google search I have yet to discover anyone sold a new camera with that number of shutter counts..oh well guess I should take it back,I'm hard pressed to believe it came from the factory with those many actuations..