Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Nexus 7 to view clips
  • I wanted to know if anyone has experience using a Nexus 7 (2013 version) to view clips from a hacked gh2. I don't know which hack, I just know it is over 100mbps. I'm wondering if I would be able to use it to playback clips when I'm on the go before I get to my desk to edit. My idea was to use a card reader. Also, I have a 64gb thumb drive, so would it be possible to move clips onto the thumb drive from a memory card using just the tablet (and a few cables)? I am very close to pulling the trigger on buying one, and this will be the deciding factor, so any help is appreciated.

• 5 Replies sorted by
  • No problem for FM 202 files but...

No way to read via otg and a card reader files on a 64GB card. That file system is not supported from the only app that is capable of read SD cards without rooting it.

Sorry I do not remember the app name. I'm on the phone now

• Edit I have the nexus previous version. Anyway MX player works like a threat

• great, thanks. And just to clarify, I want to view the videos from 8gb or 32gb sandisk extreme sd cards. I was hoping to be able to transfer them with some sort of file viewer app and a small usb hub. I film a bit of skiing, so ideally I would like to be able to use a tablet to dump a card onto the thumb drive so that I can use it again later in the day. Then at the end of the day, I can pull the clips I like and play them on the tablet for friends to watch

• I have a Nexus I and I was looking to see my shots directly from the SD card.

I have an OTG cable bought on amazon. There's an app called Nexus media Importer which permits to read external devices via OTG aand a card reader. It works with several usb dongles but I have a 64GB card and ExtFat is not supported. End of my dreams. There's another option: rooting your device and using stickmount (another app) nut I never tried.

I don't know if the new Nexus 7 has an improved OTG support.

BTW with a player as Mx Player non problem playing 100mbs MTS files from the local memory.

• If you ask me, it is best to just spend time and search for Windows tablets with normal USB port and, if possible, full size SD reader.