Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Small skater dollies
  • 37 Replies sorted by
  • I was looking for a method to give the dolly dead stops, one after the other if needed. So I came up with this. The piece of PVC tubing also gines me 3 constant speed variations, slow, very slow, really slow, with great consitancy, depending on how many times I wrap the sash cord arouned. The track is laminate and very portable, and sits very comfortably with in a fold up ladder to use outside, and all fits in the back of a wagon. Cheers

P1120218 (517x640).jpg
    517 x 640 - 196K
  • @Haberdasher Could you post some video: (either of and/or shot from) a camera mounted on that setup?

• Sure, but what do you want to see ?

• @Haberdasher

what do you want to see?

I'd like to see the system in operation:

• Some footage shot from the dolly;
    • Video of the dolly itself, in action.

(Sorry, I'm just staring at the picture and finding it all a bit hard to imagine without it all moving).

• @walker.....best I can do to show you in one shot. I'm not too good at stopping these skate dollys smoothly by hand, so it's good and cheap for my type of stuff. Cheers.

• Sorry, if you can remove it I'll try again. Apologies.

• @Haberdasher You can always edit your previous post, correcting the You Tube link.

(It doesn't have to be anything fancy, just so it shows how your dolly works). :-)

• @walker.. Thanks. Cheers.

• Thanks. Seems smooth and with precise stops. We get to see the camera in the mirror, clever. But what's happening with the ropes & pulley? Does the PVC pipe rotate, or just provide friction? Are you pulling on the cord?

• @walker The black sash cord is tied off at the front and back of dolly via the pulleys and acts as a brake when when you either stop pulling or pushing. The PVC is screwed down and provides drag /friction, I now use a thin cloth strap to do this as it sits flat around the PVC with minimal vibration. Cheers.

• Hey, has anyone used this track/skater dolly? It's called CINEMOVER, looks very interesting and cheap, very versatile, I'm surprised nobody never mentioned it here. Very good price but the shipping fees are a killer.(http://moveyourcamera.ambitiousme.com/products-page/)

Here's a video that pretty much sums it up: