Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
People don’t like creativity
  • 30 Replies sorted by
  • It may or may not be important. More importantly, it represents a part of the foundation of western civilisation construct. You could argue the same about Philosophy

I always suggest to check energy consumption map to understand about "foundation of western civilization".

All people are creative, it is just environment and restrictions that shape society.

And few centuries back average human consumed energy less than your dog is doing now.

• Can you tell me something about "creative economic model"?

Yes, as a matter of fact I can. Or at least I can TRY. And if you think my creative vision is stupid or needs to be refined, feel free to reject it or add to it or modify it.

And I'll stick to the topic of filmmaking equipment since that's what this site is mostly about.

The current economic model of cameras, only 1% of filmmakers have access to expensive equipment.

One way to solve this is something basically similar to kickstarter, but allows more democratic process. Rather than one person come up with an idea for a "perfect camera" and then try to get funds to develop it, many filmmakers can get together and input their creative ideas and come to democratic consensus about developing a perfect camera. Then, they all pool their money together and develop it. And the camera can last them for life because it has all the features they're ever going to need and it didn't cost them 40K, which no one can afford.

So no need to buy shitty crippled cameras with features added and features removed the rest of their lives just so that CEOs of large corporations can get filthy rich.

• All people are creative, it is just environment and restrictions that shape society.

Have to disagree here. It's mostly genetics. Creative types have basically just have different neuron/brain configurations, or neurons that connect over greater spaces of the brain. The brain is not a blank slate. There would be no point to evolution, and actually would have never taken place, if our brain was only shaped by environment. We would still be cavemen or worse...

Intelligence, creativity, athleticism... all based in genetics. Other theories just makes us advanced monkeys feel better. Of course, you do need to exercise them... environment/resources can impact that. But if you're DNA says you're going to be a 5'6"... no amount of working out is going to make you taller. Brain is just tissue and cells like the rest of our bodies.

• It's mostly genetics. Creative types have basically just have different neuron/brain configurations, or neurons that connect over greater spaces of the brain. The brain is not a blank slate. There would be no point to evolution, and actually would have never taken place, if our brain was only shaped by environment.

Ok, let's understand first that do you mean. As I talked about large groups, and here we have something focused on individual mostly (or not?). It is very hard to understand.

Next, is it possible to see anything about "creative types have basically just have different neuron/brain configurations, or neurons that connect over greater spaces of the brain"? As for me it sounds like just your personal idea.

About POE. Point of evolution is survival and spreading in actual environment. I think you are lost here.

• The current economic model of cameras, only 1% of filmmakers have access to expensive equipment.

So no need to buy shitty crippled cameras with features added and features removed the rest of their lives just so that CEOs of large corporations can get filthy rich.

I asked about creative economics you talked about, not about unfounded fantasies and strange statements.